Why is wc3 trigger editor soo complicated and uncompleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinker

Reaction score
Also it leaks memory if you dont remove them urself.

Sorry i just wanted to share this.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Counterquestion: Why do you try to use the editor for things the editor was not meant to do?

It is designed to create wc3 custom melee maps. Blizzard does not support the creation of complex maps with huge custom engines, the editor was not created for such a purpose. For what it is ought to do the editor is an amazingly powerful tool with many possibilities beyond its original purpose, you should rather be thankful that blizzard implemented such a wonderful toy and added it to the game for free. Not many games come with such a nice addition by themselfs.

About the memory leaks, thats the standard.
Such things as garbage collection are a luxury you wont enjoy too often. Thats a task which requires performance and memory as well and i can very well understand if the wc3 developers were trying to squeeze out as much performance as possible and managed the memory al- and delocation themselfs to improve the outcome of the product.

And its true, there are quite some bugs in the editor and even in the game itself, but then again, the editor is freeware, what do you expect?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
@accname This thread is almost as pointless as mine. Yet i don't see sarcasm or any flaming in his direction.

There are ways to prevent many leaks, but as said before not everything is preventable.
If you dont like the default editor, there are other programs.

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
@ Inflicted

... don't start something that was already long overdue to be over.

Also, post #2 covers the topic quite well enough.

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.