UK News Wii puts 10 in hospital a week

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
TEN people a week in Britain are hospitalised from playing Wii games.

The growing toll has prompted NHS doctors to warn of the dangers.

Wii-itis sufferers usually have excruciating pain in the right shoulder or knee.

A rheumatology consultant said: “Most are admitted after playing the tennis and running games which involve sudden movements and violent tendon stretching.”

Dr Dev Mukerjee, of Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex, said: “There has been a 100 per cent increase in patients complaining of Wii-itis.

Read the news here.

Jackal

You can change this now in User CP... or Die Tryin
Reaction score
TEN people a week in Britain are hospitalised from playing Wii games.

The growing toll has prompted NHS doctors to warn of the dangers.

Wii-itis sufferers usually have excruciating pain in the right shoulder or knee.

A rheumatology consultant said: “Most are admitted after playing the tennis and running games which involve sudden movements and violent tendon stretching.”

Dr Dev Mukerjee, of Broomfield Hospital, Chelmsford, Essex, said: “There has been a 100 per cent increase in patients complaining of Wii-itis.

Read the news here.

Better than being a fatass. And wouldn't such 'sudden movements' and 'violent tendon stretching' occur with sports being played in reality?

The Sun delivers again?

seph ir oth

Mod'n Dat News Jon
Reaction score
Stretch before you play then. Fools.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
If recovery is commonly taking 3 months, it means the idiots are driving themselves into the ground before getting help, are complete lunatics, and need help for more than just their tendons.
The longest recovery time I've ever landed for a tendon before being able to go back to normal activities (ie, running) was a little more than a month, I was being an idiot and tromping on the tendon in question, and the tendon was one that was impossible to not irritate in daily life, prolonging heal time. And the amount of stuff I did to that poor tendon caused me a great deal of pain.
For these people to be grinding a tendon into dust to the point where they need 3 months...it must be EXCRUTIATING.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
Playing active Wii games is like exercise people!

Asehujiko

Reaction score
Playing active Wii games is like exercise people!

Exercise that only requires you to do things that make absolutely no sense health wise. The main reason sprained ankles from wiifit aren't counted is because newspapers are too bumb to not count them as another console.

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
How about instead of warning of the dangers tell the patients to read the damn manual before playing.

No wait, even better... they need to devise some sort of fail-proof disclaimer that could go a little something like this -

"warning, do not purchase this product if you are an idiot with no common sense otherwise you will be held accountable for your own stupidity and we will not write news articles about it other then for the purpose of making fun of you"

... and we could just stamp it on every product ever made so people will actually learn about the product before jumping in with the 'OH WOOOW COOLLLL... OH... OH NO OH... OH I'M DYING PLS HELP'

+ what kind of douche goes to hospital for exercise strain... these kind of people shouldn't move in general

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.