wikipedia entry: the helper

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Anyone here familiar with making a wikipedia page? maybe we could make a page about thehelper.

I know nothing about wikipedia usage other that search and alt x, so Im putting the idea out here.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I doubt this site qualifies for its own wikipedia entry. It would be fantastic if they would allow it but I seriously doubt it. We are too small for that.

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> well I have an account there
Rare as they are... :rolleyes:

> It automatically got deleted?
Well, not really.
No idea what you wrote in there, but according to the log it got deleted because it was "Blatant advertising".

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
That hive is about 'organized crime chemists'

The Hive was a website that served as an information-sharing forum for individuals and groups interested in the practical synthesis, chemistry, biology, politics, and legal aspects of mind-altering drugs.

Reaction score
Usually wikipedia allows article from everything that is considered somewhat "normal".

Ninja_sheep

Heavy is credit to team!
Reaction score
You could post your version of the article so we can see whether you did a fault or wikipedia didn't allow it :O

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
It just thought it was advertising.

It can't allow every single domain name to have its own wiki article, that just is a waste. :nuts:

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
I guess it would have to be Encyclopedia like. To the max :p

Something like
TheHelper.net is a Technical Support website, with other branches of areas as well. Originally a fansite based of Blizzard Entertainment's Starcraft RTS game, it has evolved to Diablo, Warcraft III a Subsection to WoW, as well as quite a few other sections. Over the time, sections like Entertainment, where one can view entertaining media, discuss Music, laugh at pictures and videos, and more, have been added. TheHelper.net also has an artistic side, based on Writing and Graphical.

Something like that? I know some things might be off, and MANY are missing :p

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I could write an article but I am not going to because then I would have to write about the MVP program and that is long. I have wrote some of that up though and it is WIP so just because we don't have a Wikipedia now does not mean we will not have one in the future.

If Dota is allowed the website of the first Blizzard MVP and his bad ass WC3 website needs to be allowed as well. It just has to be written right to be accepted, with attributions and I am really the only one that can provide those attributions from the official site - because that part of Blizzard History is not noted anywhere.

I just saw Wargasm post and I just hooked up with Blizzard's PatN on Facebook recently so expect the History soon. Stay tuned.

Wiseman_2

Missy wants blood!
Reaction score
Something like
TheHelper.net is a Technical Support website, with other branches of areas as well. Originally a fansite based of Blizzard Entertainment's Starcraft RTS game, it has evolved to Diablo, Warcraft III a Subsection to WoW, as well as quite a few other sections. Over the time, sections like Entertainment, where one can view entertaining media, discuss Music, laugh at pictures and videos, and more, have been added. TheHelper.net also has an artistic side, based on Writing and Graphical.
Not if it's as grammatically innaccurate as that :p

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
I guess it would have to be Encyclopedia like. To the max :p

Something like

Something like that? I know some things might be off, and MANY are missing :p
That would be awesome, but as an advertising article. Definitely not wikipedish enough.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's because it's extremely popular compared to TheHelper. It's wiki-worthy.

just about every good mapper has visited TheHelper in some way or another.

I bet even IceFrog or other editors of Dota visit the tutorials every few weeks :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.