Will Starcraft 2 Editor support midi formats?

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
Like the title, will it or will it not?

Thanks in advance.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Most probably. And if not, we'll probably find a workaround like with WC3.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh...

But will it be for SC2 Editor? The workaround is in JASS, if the Editor is in C, then the whole process could be even harder to, well, describe it.

Flare

Stops copies me!
Reaction score
Oh...

But will it be for SC2 Editor? The workaround is in JASS, if the Editor is in C, then the whole process could be even harder to, well, describe it.
Well, it's impossible for us to know - I doubt anyone here has had first-hand experience with SC2's editor (since the beta isn't out yet, I think).

Maybe it will be capable of supporting the format, maybe it won't, but I don't think asking here is going to get you a definitive answer :(

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Well, it's impossible for us to know - I doubt anyone here has had first-hand experience with SC2's editor (since the beta isn't out yet, I think).

Maybe it will be capable of supporting the format, maybe it won't, but I don't think asking here is going to get you a definitive answer :(

Cd keys have been sent out, and they do have the game, but as of yet Battle.net is not up for the beta. All your allowed to do is play single player.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score

I already asked that question in the official forums. At least I get some replies, but still no official announcements.

But, I would just like to know if anyone wants this sort of feature included in SC2...

EDIT: Didn't know there's another post posted before I did. By the way, the CD key you've mentioned, do they come along with something other than single player once beta is out?

Lyerae

I keep popping up on this site from time to time.
Reaction score
I think it'd be pretty cool, but pretty useless.
Depending on if they let map sizes over 8MB, most people can just import looped music, and use that.
Yeah, it would be a useful feature, but not many people would use it, I think.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Let me just get this straight: We do not know about anything within the SC2Editor as of now, other than what has been officially announced/confirmed.

Please remember that for this question, as well as all the questions you may (or may not) want to ask in the future.

tom_mai78101

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me just get this straight: We do not know about anything within the SC2Editor as of now, other than what has been officially announced/confirmed.

Please remember that for this question, as well as all the questions you may (or may not) want to ask in the future.
I was just asking...Sorry.:(

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.