Windows Remote Desktop

Kyux

Reaction score
Hey, I'm running windows 7, and I have another computer which I want to connect with running windows vista ultiimate.

How do I do this? I have enabled the remote desktop connection (or so i though) on both computers, and have right-clicked on the one I want to connect to and a little 3 option windows pops up. Options are: Open, open in new window, Connect with remote Desktop Connection, and ofcourse create shortcut.

Anyway, I click the obvious (Connect with...) and a little windows pops up with the regular progress bar witht he green thingy whizzing across every few secs. Then it asks for my credentials. Ok, first off, what do I use here? My user on this comp. doesn't have a password, so I tried just clicking 'OK' without typing anything, then i tried making up passwords and stuff... all no to avail.

Can anyone help? I have no idea what to do.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
You need to input the username and password of an administrator on the computer you're connecting to.

Also, you might want to try LogMeIn or TeamViewer. It's free and easy to use.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm running windows 7, and I have another computer which I want to connect with running windows vista ultiimate.

How do I do this? I have enabled the remote desktop connection (or so i though) on both computers, and have right-clicked on the one I want to connect to and a little 3 option windows pops up. Options are: Open, open in new window, Connect with remote Desktop Connection, and ofcourse create shortcut.

Anyway, I click the obvious (Connect with...) and a little windows pops up with the regular progress bar witht he green thingy whizzing across every few secs. Then it asks for my credentials. Ok, first off, what do I use here? My user on this comp. doesn't have a password, so I tried just clicking 'OK' without typing anything, then i tried making up passwords and stuff... all no to avail.

Can anyone help? I have no idea what to do.

Even though you don't type a username/password on the computer there is one. You might want to try Administrator in the User Name box and if there is no Admin password just leave it blank. You could also create a new account on the computer and use those credentials.

Kyux

Reaction score
OK, thank you both very much. I'll check it out and get back to ya'.

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I'm sure remote desktop doesn't work without both a username and password. You need to create a new user on the computer your connecting to and add a username and password on that computer.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
I'm sure remote desktop doesn't work without both a username and password. You need to create a new user on the computer your connecting to and add a username and password on that computer.

This is true. Remote Desktop will not work with user accounts without passwords.

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.