Works Slowly... Need Help

M

Marius

I have BF1942, I have a Pentium 4, 2.0 Ghz, 128 ram, GeForce 4 Ti 4600... I THINK I HAVE MET ALL THE REQUIRMENTS SURELY, BUT IT MOVES REALLY SLOWLY, AS STEP BY STEP (LIKE IT DOESNT HAVE A GOOD COMPUTER)... PLZ TELL ME Y!
THANK U

P

PeregrineFalcon

Ok well first...make sure to run through some of the tweaks up above. Also, just because you have the MINIMUM system requirements doesnt mean the game will run perfectly. Those MIN system requirements just mean that you can run the game at every detail video setting at the lowest possible with lowest possible resolution. Therefore....i feel that you system is almost perfect except that the amount of ram you have is INCREDIBLY low. If you are running Windows XP Pro or Home it needs 128mb just for itself, meaining that that leaves none for anything else. So that would mean when you run BF1942 you are doing all memory storage on your HD via a swap file. This is incredibly slow and is used by OS's when it runs out of memory. I recommend first doing some of the tweaks listed above and then telling me how things turned out. From there I can try and help you with some more video card tweaks. And then if that does not work I recommend geting more RAM. Good Luck

M

Marius

ok, thanks. Is the video card GeForce 4 Ti4600 good for the expansion? (The Road To Rome)????

P

PeregrineFalcon

Ya your video card is fine...as are the rest of your system specs. Only thing that is low is the memory, but if you can tweak then u may not need to upgrade, depends what u want for frame rates and feel comftorable playing.

And your Geforce 4 is better than my GeForce3 and i run the game with no slow downs, so u are fine there.

P

PeregrineFalcon

Well you have to figure out what motherboard you have and what type of ram you currently have. When you figure that out i recommend trying to get up to a total of 512MB, but 384MB might be cheaper.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.