World Editor Unlimited

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
Problem status: SOLVED

In my map, I want to do some stuff that I am only able to do with the WEU. Searching other posts, I found the following:

Rheias said:
> The WE unlimited is ver 1.20, is anyone using it?

Doubt it, it is quite dangerous, can cause corruptions crashes and unpleasant things.

> Does it still work with 1.21?

Nope.

So, why doesn't WEU work with 1.21 (well, 1.21b at the moment)?
Is there any way to get it to work with 1.21b?
Are there any alternatives to WEU?

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
Well the thing about crashes it a myth. If a map crashes it is not caused by WEU but by bad coding or by an error in the game or editor that was there in the first place. People just think because they are using some tool, everything bad that happens to them is because of said tool.
It is true though that it can corrupt your map if you ignore all warnings given by the tool and its documentation.
It works just fine on patch 1.21 also.

Nonetheless i do not recommend using the advanced triggers of WEU because some of them are really inefficient. They have been created about 5 years ago and never updated since. Needless to say we didn't know enough about leaks and efficient ways of coding back then.

The Jass NewGen Pack is a better alternative to WEU. However, you won't find the advanced triggers of WEU there. Which features exactly do you need?

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
There is the Jass NewGen Pack 1.5a, it is similar to the WEU, but it is, in my opinion, far more advanced and allows for greater control over the editor, you can find it in the Jass help section as a sticky up the top.

*EDIT*

Guess Mike was faster :(

Zurtrogx

Reaction score
PitzerMike said:
Which features exactly do you need?
Actions:
Advanced - Any unit takes damage

Overall; anything to do with damage taken.
EDIT: I think it's just that one action.

EDIT 2: Also, being able to have more than two cliff tiles in the same map

PitzerMike

poo kaka
Reaction score
For damage detection you're better off with one of those damage detection systems that can be found in the resource database of wc3c.

Cliff tiles are doable in the NewGen editor as well. (Extensions\Edit Tileset) Check out the Grimex manual for more details.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.