RPG WotE RPG:A greater evil

EcHo_Tempest

Reaction score
WotE RPG: Rise of Darkness

~WIP~
War of the Elements ORPG: Rise of Darkness

Loadingver2.jpg

sorry our forum is quite messy at the moment same with this topic. i have not had much time to keep it neat

Hi everyone and thanks for reading this maps based off the old map the kelogsloops and I made in the past it was a AoS map called WotE or War of the Elements. This will be the squeal to the War of the Elements series.

Created by :[EcHo]Tempest & kelogsloops

Story-
6000 years after the war of the four Elements Fire Water Earth and Air. after the endless conflict they formed a truce and a small alliance. Shortly after this alliance was formed two Greater Entities Passed through a void. Two Entities that should have never met pushed through the Nether into the world of Eletia. Light and Darkness forced their way through the new peaceful lands. Darkness brought death as Light brought life. The new Elemental Alliance joined with the Light to destroy the Darkness, but the Shadows that lurked behind the Raven Gates lured members of the Elemental Alliance and transformed them into nothing but slaves of their Dark Lord.

Details-
the map will probably be 5~9 players at a time less if you want to just grind with a friend.
map size of 360x360 but this may be enlarged in the future as we work on the map
the map will have strategy based dungeon system
First job up will be at level 10 we lowered it from 15

Hero System
You start your char as a apprentice and you join one of the elements Fire/Water/Earth/Wind then you pickup combat mastery that you level up like Melee or Range or Magic once you obtain your combat mastery as you level you gain extra skills suited in that area but these will be very basic skills.

so you have your apprentice and he has taken up melee fighting once you level up to a certain level you job up into your next class. this class will be more advanced in that combat area but after that you can take on the role of your favorite WotE hero :D from there you have a wide variety of spells and stuff located in a spell books.

Basically it goes like this

Apprentice =>Fire Apprentice =>Deciple of Fire(magic)=>Eternal Flame

or

Apprentice =>Wind Apprentice =>Wind Templar(Melee)=>Storm Chaser

i have calculated that there will be-
2 starting heros 4 elemental heros 12+ combat mastery heros and over 36 end game heros to pick from!

Quests-

3 types of quests
Main Story- basically the story line to the map
Optional Quest- side quests for extra exp and gold ect
Class Quest- job up or get special items/skills

Special Features-
there are afew special features we hope to add into the map.
this includes item upgrading where you can get bonuses to your weapons
item enchantments for special abilities to be added to your items
survival tests with special rewards
HARD dungeons that take strategy instead of tank and spanking
Kingdom System- what do you think it is???

but the thing is not all of these features will be added into the map right now. there will be other ones yet to be mentioned

Screenshots-
ScreenshotTown.jpg
ScreenshotCentaur.jpg

Progress
Things We are currently working on right now.
Terrain- 25%
Starting Hero- 100%
1st Job- 80%
2nd Job- 5%
First Town- 100%
Creeping- 100%
First Dungeon- 100%
Second Dungeon- 30%
Third Dungeon- 5%
Class Item System - 100%
Basic Items- 100%
Dropped Items- 3%
World Map- 3%
Item Enchanting/Upgrading- 40%
Load/Save- 60%
Creep Respawn- 99% *small leaks*

ISSUES

we realize what we have mentioned here means this map will be VERY BIG in size and will take time to develop we will try to limit some things but hopefully the finished product will be playable online!:D .

END GAME SPOILER
DO NOT READ THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW
i wont reveal too much but the end game will be a fight with The Dark Lord and WILL require 9 players and the kingdom in control(more will be revealed about the kingdom system in the future)

ok here is a some small info on the end game.
the boss fight will be INTENSE if you have played impossible bosses... well thats what we are hoping can happen
it will be a full fledged war with the kingdom system in it. kingdom system is basically where you take over the neutral city and well the rest is left to your imagination

Other Info

also visit our forum for more constant updates and info on our older map WotE or other maps
http://wote.ipbfree.com/ or our new domain name http://www.wote.tk/ also you can send emails with questions to [email protected] :D

Beta Testing

The map has been uploaded for Testing. it is playable right now but not running as smoothly as i hoped. not all quests are finished being made and debugged so i have disabled them so basically its grinding and a dungeon.

Sorry but the loading screen seems to be broken right now

DOWNLOAD

the file size is too big to be uploaded here xD we put custom music in coz its so cool :p
Currant Map size: 2.34mb
by the way... there may still be bugs with respawning but will be fixed shortly. the maps not completed this is just a demo

Version 0.13a - DOWNLOAD
the map isnt running smooth enough to play. but please! let us know if you find any bugs or any other feedback.

read this to keep updated

20/04/2009
im sorry the map isnt released yet i have to get back into school so it may be delayed... ill be trying to work on the map during the weekends but not much will be done for the next week or so

really sorry for people waiting to try the map

24/04/2009
here is a screenshot of the currant map(ITS BAD QUALITY)
wotemap.jpg

names have not been released yet for world areas
1.Starting town
2.Bandit forest
3.undead forest
4a.north canyon
4b.west canyon
GREEN RINGED AREAS ARE DUNGEONS
undead forest- Themar's Crypt
west canyon- (no info on it yet)

EcHo_Tempest

Reaction score
yeah ive made some changes and its just a little layout on what kind of things you may find in the town

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
The site you gave is non-existant. :p

MurderMode

Giving new meaning to co-op... slowly
Reaction score
looks nice, sounds nice. It'd be good to have an actually decent rpg for war 3.... as far as I'm concerned even the current most popular ones are boring as hell to play.

Oh btw this is obviously a 'sequel' to your AoS, no squealing involved :p (oink oink)

EcHo_Tempest

Reaction score
ok i put a more updated version up for download...

please give us some feedback
the map isnt running at a online play level... but you can play this map with your friends...

if you somehow get stuck anywhere you can type -kill

-save and -load work

Loading screen is broken... starting and first job both working but some ultimates have not been completed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.