Would you be interested in Playing this type of map

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
Would anybody be interested in a map that was of the Sandbox Genere.

For people who don't know what that is, just think of Oblivion/Fallout 3. It's got a main story line and a bunch of side quests, but you can choose not to do them, role play, or just explore. I was thinking of creating this Style of map with the ability to have 8 players. However, its not a LOAP in its setting - i wanna keep it underwraps just incase i do decide to create it :p

duderock101

Reaction score
What kinda things would you be looking for in the game? like what activities would you want to do?

I was thinking of basing this around a post-zombie map with a lot of survivor camps, but the world being huge with different biomes. Would be a huge project, but if people like the idea of
it. Just wanting feedback

WaterKnight

Reaction score
No, not generally. This means if the global gameplay is more self-sustaining like in GTA or Diablo, that's a plus. But it becomes quickly boring or the desultoriness seems like a huge waste of time. Since it has no ending, people will leave asynchronously and those that are really interested and play together will push the game to a stupid length.

johnnymra

Reaction score
Quite interesting ideea... if it would be something like... a whole world overcome by a plague or something... and the players have to go from camp to camp... or just stay in one of them. Tough i have to agree with WaterKnight... this kind of PvE game sometimes gets boring.. even if played with friends... You could at least try to give it updates frequently in which you add new modes... and things that randomize the gameplay, therefore kicking away the boringness :D

duderock101

Reaction score
It's PVP/PVE :) - you can choose whether to be a zombie and dominate the world, destroy people, eat brains or cure urself etc etc or be a Human. Each come with Pros + Cons, and whathever you choose, you will be forced to go against the others.

Of course there will be balancing issues, as if every1 picked Zombies and only 1 picked Humans etc etc. But its not going to be a PVP focus, only if you choose to interact in PVP, else you'll be flagged as PVP off (like WoW) :p

duderock101

Reaction score
I'd also like to know if people would rather have it so they are all Humans, or you can choose between the 2. The latter would be harder to make as an open world RPG but would make the world more dynamic and progressive.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.