[WTB] Healing Spell ideas? Community be heard

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
I don't really think that such a skill could count as a heal, since enemies will just stop attacking. It's more like invulnerability for a few seconds.

Try doing Starfall, with Holy Light instead.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
A multitarget spell where you choose 2 targets. ( Check Anitarfs Tripwire spell in wc3c for example )

Targets get linked with magic. Whenever either one of them takes damage, other one is healed by the same amount.

So, if they stay close they are kinda like immune to AoE damage spells which would damage them both.

Chaos_Knight

Reaction score
Hope of The Living

You start to beg for mercy and hope, ressurecting all units in an area. If you ressurect more than 10 units you get invurneable for some seconds.
If you ressurect more than 20 units. You create a protector. It will heal you for 20 "damage" every 3 second. It lasts 60 seconds.
Aura of Holiness

When learned, you create an aura around you. That aura has a chance to heal other damaged unit in range of you. Cant heal mutiple friends.

Level 1: Has a 5% Chance to heal 50 "damage"
Level 2: Has a 10% Chance to heal 100 "damage"
Level 3: Has a 15% Chance to heal 150 "damage"

Hope you enjoyed.

//Chaos_Knight

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
Cure(Couldn't think of a better name)
On first use, the spell is fully effective, but drains some kind of bar, the bar slowly fills up over time/attacking enemies. When the spell is cast again, the spell is x% effective, equal to which the bars fill %, if the bar is fully charged, the spell is fully effective again. Has a 10% to heal Yx normal health

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
I've always been a big fan of the AoE spell that heals all friendly living units in an area and damages all enemy undead in an area.

Basically you're just doing an AoE Holy Light, but I like that one.

I also think healing spray is a very good healing ability, as it heals both friends and enemies so it needs to be used carefully.

This isn't a heal persay, but perhaps an ability that casts regen/buff if you target a friendly, or degen/debuff if you target an enemy?

Murre

Reaction score
"Places a pool of mana that will heal all nearby allies and deal x damage to all enemies after y seconds."
The "pool of mana" should be replaced with anything you'd like ^.^
Edit: A good source of ideas for spells in general would be HoN or DotA. :p HoN is basically just a copy of DotA with some additions to effects and some extra heroes. See link for HoN heroes :)
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/heroes.php

nandosman

Reaction score
I once created a cool passive healing spell, you get a chance of canceling enemy attack or spell damage and transforming it into AoE heal for the amount of damage dealt to you. You can aditionally add a cooldown to the effect so it can only occur once every X seconds ;P

ElChupanebre

Reaction score
Not really "Healing" in a traditional sense, but I have a cool idea.

Prayer or Salvation - Passive
Every time a nearby allied Hero dies, there is a 25% chance they will be revived instantly.

Prayer or Refuge - Passive
When a nearby allied Hero reaches less then 10% hp, all nearby allied units gain the buff "Refuge", which heals them for 1% of there max hp for 10 seconds. 60 second cooldown.

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
For an ultimate, I believe tranquility is great. It is already in the game, but just a great skill overall.

Another idea:
A buff you place on an opponent, it stays with them until they die. When they die, they heal all units by the amount of damage taken while under the buff. that is, if 500 damage was dealt, it will heal 5 players for 100 each.

bYo

Reaction score
This is a great thread because I often feel healers lack innovation. Don't mind if I copy some of these ideas down :p

Just had a thought then -

Reverse Fate
Puts a buff on target unit for X seconds, when that unit reaches 1hp (like Shallow Grave in DotA) all damage dealt will be turned into a heal.

This is interesting because it makes the spell a challenge to cast at the right time. You want to let them get low, but you have to judge the damage they are taking (if you wanted to make it even harder you could give it a casting time).

OR you could make it a permanent channeling that when they take damage, you gain life and when they reach 1hp you lose the life whilst they gain it. You could combo this with some other kind of skill that reduces damage taken (some kind of shield ability).
Now, I'm going to see if these ideas can fit into my map...

bYo

Reaction score
Yep same. Way I see it, healers are pretty much essential in any RPG where you cant stack like a billion healing pots, but nobody likes to play them instead choosing cooler DPS heroes (in their opinion anyway).

Also, I hate having healers that can't do anything on their own. Sure, they shouldn't be able to do it all alone, but they should at least be able to solo the same things as a tank or a dps...

This is one of my current heroes (haha just made it up then but that's inspiration for you).

Saviour
#1 – Reverse Fate (channelling when unit takes damage, you gain health. When it reaches 1 health, it gains life instead and you take damage)
#2 – Scintillating Shield – when shielded unit takes damage, it is instead emitted in an aoe damaging allies and enemies alike (or healing/damaging)
#3 – Self Sacrifice – sacrifices ½ of the saviours total health to res a hero
#4 – Hope of Salvation – The lower health target unit is, it gains higher regeneration.

Third skill I don't like much...First skill means you can cast on an enemy and also combos with the shield meaning it is possible to solo boss creatures. I'm gonna keep watching this thread for ideas :p.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.