[WTB] Healing Spell ideas? Community be heard

Winterherz

Reaction score
as the title says i sincerely want to ask the community on what they think is a cool healing skill allaround(passive, HoT, direct, AoE..something original?) that is doable through gui triggering. Before you flame me to use search and hive, trust me i did and picked up some good ideas, now i want to hear yours:thup:. I reckon healers have a bad reputation in rpgs mainly because of boredomness and lack of dishing out damage crits, that's why i'm putting a lot of effort and thinking in my healers:cool:

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Create spells that can either heal allies OR damage units. :thup:

RangerX

I am justice!
Reaction score
you use the spell on target [he is healed] if this unit dies then he heal all the nearby units with h (10*his maxlife / nr of alied) units around 400 range

Rushhour

Reaction score
Make a heal spell that can crit :D or has a chance to bounce; maybe a spell that heals a lot for little mana but has a chance to bounce on nearby enemies and heal them too? ;D

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
1. I like rushhour's ideas. I echo that absolutely. In fact, I might just use those ideas in my map right now! *high five*

2. A healing spell I'm using right now is an Instant cast (no target): heals himself, allies within X aoe, and damages enemies within X aoe relative to how far away they are.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
i like spells which depend on the players skill, you may do it like this:

<<the less hitpoints the healer has the more damage will be healed with the skill>>

this way the healer would have to have low hitpoints to do a good heal for his party. and if he is damaged really critical he could heal himself with a single cast but wont be able to heal his allys anymore.

or maybe like this:

healing burst:
the first cast of the spell will activate a counter. everytime the healer is taking damage the counter will raise. if the healer casts the spell for the second time he will heal all allys around him depending on how much damage he took since the first cast of the spell.

Tru_Power22

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
How about a spell that heals allies more the farther you are away from them, too far and they take damage?

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Life Blood - Channels life energy into the target area, if there are emy units in the area then the caster will be healed for HP/S while damaging them for HP/S, if there are friendlies in the area then the units will be healed for HP/S while the caster will be damaged for HP/S.

so to keep it short
Channeling
Target AoE
Emy take damage and the damage goes to caster
Friendlies heal but the cost is the caster's life

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Put a buff on an ally. When the caster attacks, heal all buffed units.
Keeps the healer in battle, making it more fun to play.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Applies a buff on nearby allies, after x seconds they get healed.

Like the move Wish off Pokemon.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Puts a buff on an ally. After a duration, it is healed for X% of the damage it took during that duration.

HeX.16

Isn't Trollin You Right Now
Reaction score
Best idea to me

You buff a target unit with healing essences which will heal all nearby friendly units every 2 second. Lasts 6 seconds (3 AOE heals), Small AOE.

Level 1 - 40 heal.
Level 2 - 80 heal.
Level 3 - 120 heal.
Cooldown - 20

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Agreed. Good idea, as it puts people who doesn't usually heal in a position where they have to be "healers".

Glorn2

Slap n' Tickle
Reaction score
What about some healer passives? Or adding some passive abilities to various heals, that can buff other heals. Like by learning, "Flash Heal" All of your heals gain a chance to crit. (That would just be adding an action to all of the other triggers)
There is a spell I saw on the hive, a passive spell that when the player gets hit, it heals his nearby allies. I think you might get some use out of that if you haven't noticed it yet. Or you could make something like that castable; to be cast on a tank to keep the rest of the party up.

What about stacking HoTs? Basic, but a good way to heal specific targets.

Another thing you could do, that would be insanely easy; give the healer Banish. If you want to be fancy, you can create your own, that increases healing and damage as you level; but you could just give him a 4 second banish as an already known skill. This will allow him to cast very large heals; or help his team nuke down a boss.

INCINERATE

Reaction score
in my map , i created a spell called "healing sphere"

it is pretty simple to make, and its effect is really nice..

basically all i did was get a nice healing special effect from WILLTHEALMIGHTY, and made the effect as the heal sphere model file.

i put on the essense of blight ability on the heal sphere so that it autocasts heals units in area of effect.

so to explain, the hero summons a floating healing sphere, that lasts for 30 seconds, healing units in ARea of effect.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.