Reaction score
Like this then? :thup:

Attachments

• XANID.png
    XANID.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 351
Reaction score
@Galdiuz
Yes. Then just convert the binary code to text.

I will upload the demo stage later today. Just to get feedback on the controls, graphics, and on anything really. There's nothing else to do than jump around like a faggot with arse on fire.

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. Playable demo is on the first page. Happy testing :p.

(yeah.. the XANID01 (aka Character) slides like a retard, fixing it some other time).

EDIT//: I've been working my ass off with this. After I fix the sliding and other stuff you report, I'll get new demo up.

meOme

Reaction score
1) This is awesome!
I tried to recreate something like this when I first saw this, but my unit allways got stuck in the ground when it fell too fast. :(
I would so love to know how this is coded...

2) Yeah, the sliding is weird and annoying, when you try to land on one of the little platforms...

3) You can do a wall-jump in mid-air. Super far jumps through half the level, yay! :D

Reaction score
There is no wall jump this time, it's double jump. You get that after hitting the orb.

Thanks for the comments :).

meOme

Reaction score
Oh... I thought it was supposed to be wall-jump. ^^
Maybe there should be a comment when picking up the orb, like "You have acquired the awesome power to do double-jumps by hitting 'up' again while jumping."

rover2341

Is riding a roller coaster...Wee!
Reaction score
You move way to fast. or to much by one press. anyway Cool Game. Its nice to see warcraft in another light.

Reaction score
0.0.G
- XANID01 now deaccelerates when there is no x-acceleration (both left and right arrow keys are released).

I think that's what I want. I hope it doesn't look bad that it deaccelerates on air too? Does it? I leave past versions there just so see how awful they were. Also the fast movement doesn't seem to be problem anymore, at least for me.

PS: Someone should teach me alphabets, it should be 0.0.F right now.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
You move way to fast. or to much by one press. anyway Cool Game. Its nice to see warcraft in another light.

THIS. It looks really great. It's just bad that Warcraft doesn't have full support for arrow keys. And that if you were to play it multipler, and a host was crap, DELAY, DELAY, DELAY.

Larcenist

REP: Respect, Envy, Prosperity?
Reaction score
I think that's what I want. I hope it doesn't look bad that it deaccelerates on air too? Does it?

Just pass it off as air resistance and it makes sense :D

> PS: Someone should teach me alphabets, it should be 0.0.F right now.

Somehow this would have more impact if it wasn't you who did it. Nice to see you keep failing until the end :D

Reaction score
Delay delay delay.. I can't see any delay right now. I'm probably going to make RtC version of this in the end so all of you delay freaks can be happy.

Currently implementing swimming.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
But then delay freaks like us will need to have RtC and when we DO play with non-RTC people we will be sad and delay delay delay.

Delay is not good unless you're delaying bad things like the death of your guinea pig.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
So delay-map won't be extended to multiplayer ever?

Terrible terrible news. Now I cannot host it and get people's WTF is this map responses :(

But then again, you just recently started. So I'm too rushed.

I think you should stop taking me seriously for 5 minutes until I'm sane.

Reaction score
I have no idea how to make multiplayer platformer work. New Super Mario Bros. Wii pulled it out perfectly, but I don't think I'm able to do that.

Updated first post with screenshots from the demo.

meOme

Reaction score
Could you please tell me what kind of method you use to move the unit? Are you periodically resetting it's position, or is it something else? I would really like to know, because I want to try myself on something like this, too. :D

Reaction score
Updated first post with a screenshot of the first enemy. Those sludges patrol slowly and (soon will) deal damage to you on collision.

EDIT:// Gosh, I think triple post would be overkill. Updated to 0.0.N. Changelog and map in the first post.

EDIT:// Fixed invisible wall, 0.0.Nb.

meOme

Reaction score
I'll save you from the triplepost! :D

Positive things first:
- The controls are improved.
- The swimming is really well done. :thup:

Negative:
- There is still too much sliding. Nothing without massive amounts of inertia would slide on steel like that. I think you should make the guy (what's his name, again? xD) stop almost instantly after the side buttons are released. The sliding can be added later in an ice level. ;)
- Why is there an invisible platform in the middle of the starting room?
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/6776/91938688.jpg

/edit:
btw, could you please answer me one other question? How did you prevent the unit from getting stuck in the ground after a jump? I can't figure out how to program that... x)

Reaction score
> There is still too much sliding.
Still too much. I can't believe it.

> what's his name, again?
XANID01 it is. Gender undefined.

> Why is there an invisible platform in the middle of the starting room?
That was some lame wc3 bug.

> How did you prevent the unit from getting stuck in the ground after a jump?
I should see the map.

Thank you for the comments :).

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.