Other XANID (The Platformer)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Invert Color did nothing :(

Is the answer like a phrase or sentence?

Mabe it's this:

O and L's. If you turn it upside down, they make L's!, LOL. The sentence is 0, L, and LOL's.

or this.

The answer is that we cannot solve it! No one can! YOu just made random crap up and said "SOLVE NAO", PSYCHOLOGICAL QUESTION HERE.

Reaction score
Updated. I hope it's not too easy. It was probably impossible for those with bad eyes or lack of photochop skills to notice the clue.

> The answer is that we cannot solve it! No one can! YOu just made random crap up and said "SOLVE NAO", PSYCHOLOGICAL QUESTION HERE.
Thank you for the idea.

@Below
That SAW thing is merely for my own fun.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
> The answer is that we cannot solve it! No one can! YOu just made random crap up and said "SOLVE NAO", PSYCHOLOGICAL QUESTION HERE.
Thank you for the idea.

:banghead: Damn it. :banghead:

Now you gonna make another puzzle, label it solveable when for real it's not.

/me gives up on too complex for my mind puzzle.

Reaction score
Updated first post with a screenshot from editor. I'm disappointed that no one chose to live. :thdown:

EDIT:// Added screenshot from in-game.

Reaction score
Updated first post with a screenshot from in-game.

I need some sort of door model. There just has to be doors that open automatically when you go near them, otherwise the gaps between those different textures look quite awful.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, you'd have a flat panel model, kind of like your floor models, but flat in the shape of a door. Then, when you get close, it could slide down or wherever into the floor or wall etc to make it look like this:

[youtube]LZnZ-O4FhSA[/youtube]

Except it could be a single panel that goes which ever direction.

Reaction score
That's totally what I am looking for, but I need the model. :p

Currently having some trouble making objects move with same speed for all periods. Codes are below.

Moving from "Physics"™ Engine:
JASS:
//DEFAULT_GRAVITATION = -16.00
//VELOCITY_X_MAX = 300.00
//VELOCITY_Y_MAX = 700.00
//DEFAULT_PERIOD = 0.01

/* Acceleration */
this.xVelocity += this.xAcceleration;
this.yVelocity += this.yAcceleration;

/* Gravity */
this.yVelocity += DEFAULT_GRAVITATION;

/* Velocity Limitation */
if (this.xVelocity > VELOCITY_X_MAX) this.xVelocity = VELOCITY_X_MAX;
else if (this.xVelocity < -VELOCITY_X_MAX) this.xVelocity = -VELOCITY_X_MAX;
if (this.yVelocity > VELOCITY_Y_MAX) this.yVelocity = VELOCITY_Y_MAX;
else if (this.yVelocity < -VELOCITY_Y_MAX) this.yVelocity = -VELOCITY_Y_MAX;

newX = obj.x + this.xVelocity * DEFAULT_PERIOD;
newY = obj.y + this.yVelocity * DEFAULT_PERIOD;

Jumping from Movement Engine:
JASS:
//JUMP_POWER = 400.00;

PhysicsEngine[Character].yVelocity = JUMP_POWER;

So if DEFAULT_PERIOD is 0.03125 instead of 0.01, Character can jump HIGH. And accelerates slower and everything ;<. Currently it looks like the problem is that the x/yVelocity reaches VELOCITY_X/Y_MAX faster on 0.01 than 0.03125 of course.. but I had it different yesterday >_>. I don't know, testing.

EDIT:// I was told my yVelocity/yAcceleration stuff doesn't make any sense. I'll change it after this gets fixed.
EDIT2:// Puzzle updated.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Well, for the model, you could just use the model you have now and slim it down. Then change the skin.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
XANID.

:p

Way too easy after the clue. And you gave out another clue: "Photoshop skills". Then I figured that I can solve it using Photoshop, that means editing the respective image.

Reaction score
Congratulations Smithy <3. You are a clever cookie monster, here's 5 for you.

Yeah. I've actually updated the image 2 times.

1. The 111s on each line had just a bit different shade of green than the other numbers.
2. Changed the 111s colour to yellow/red.
3. Added arrows.

----

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/nex_mechdoor_v1-12-a-48121/ is the door model I'm going to use. Used it in the unreleased The Platformer 2.0.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Oh, I solved the version without arrows, didn't catch that one. I was actually trying some other weird methods to solve it at first, until I read your posts more carefully :p. After seeing the Photoshop thing, I guess I didn't really need any of the clues.

And thanks for the rep :p.

Reaction score
Updated first post with a screenshot from in-game again. Doors are there! And they open when you go near them, and close when you go far enough.

I probably create new thread for XANID soon as this has too much stuff from the previous platformers.

EDIT//:

I let Larcenist have a sneak-peak of the map, here's the comments I got:
- "Dude accelerated like a retard."
- "Was there some purpose with the game at this point, or am I just supposed to jump around like a faggot with his arse on fire?"

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
I tried that too at first. You just need to overlay all 4 lines over each other, with the '111' overlayed perfectly. Then you get a 40 characters long line (which translates, because it's a multiple of 8 ;))

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.