Yes. Another thread about the fearsome LAG

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Hi everyone... I suffer from lag in wc3. Sadly. It's weird, my computer is quite new and it has good parts etc. but still lag occurs :(

So, what are the most common reasons for lag?
It acts in a quite weird way.

In most maps I play I start at

FPS:

60+
Then suddenly it starts to drop:

And then I'm back at 60+.
In 10-20 seconds it will start drop again, and go back... Then it keeps doing like that.
So, any idea if there's something I can do about it? :(

Thanks in advance!
And tell me if I posted this in the wrong forum 'cause I wasn't sure where to put it.

// Carl-Fredrik

Edit: Oh, and if it's spelled "lag", tell me, I've seen both spellings so many times that I've got confused ^^
Edit2: Since a mod changed the title I guess it's "lag". Sorry for my spelling :)

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
How good is your internet connection? That affects lag.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
1f u l4g ur a l4gf4g dats me mot0/

UndeadDragon

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah, there is absolutely no problem with that connection.

Is the lag on Battle.net or single player, or both?

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
Yeah, there is absolutely no problem with that connection.

Is the lag on Battle.net or single player, or both?

That's a good question :)

I can't check right now, I'm in a game..

But I'm sure it exists in B.Net and I think it happens in Single Too but it's not as much there...

Oh, and I just played a sheep tag and got no lagg at all, while at (for example) footmen frenzy I got loads of it and at a friend's AoS I got a lot of it aswell.. :S

Maybe it's non-clearing of memory leaks?

It seems like my computer doesn't like many units...

Carl-Fredrik

Reaction score
If it's FPS then chances are it's not your connection.

I would make sure you have no other programs running in the backround and try running the game with lower settings to see if it's a graphics related issue.

Thanks for the advice. Will do :)

I think there's no simple solution to this that we'll find suddenly so I'll give rep to every1 who helped me :)

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
Maybe your cable is not screwed in all the way? The same thing happened to me for a while, sometimes my connection was really fast, other times it just dropped for a few seconds and went back up. After a while i checked my cable and it was not all the way in, and after I screwed it in all the way I never had these problems again. Just a suggestion.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
What you have to do reallocate your hardwire modem to the CPM. After that enter your internal registry, find the CPX.7z file and delete it. At which point you're going to want to do restart your comp. After that, go to the IDF and change the Internal Checks Per Minute to 42, instead of 39. This will mean that your internal checks will be more often, and then you will be able to reroute your main IDF resources towards keeping your FPS up.

After this you'll need to go to IE and remove all toolbars you have. Go to your task manager and end ALL processes and then beat your computer with an aluminum baseball bat. This should fix your problem, if not, then I think your computer's messed up and you might as well just hit it with an aluminum baseball bat.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.