z-560 Speaker 4.1 System Configuration

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
I need help configuring my speakers.

I have 2 speakers for left and right.. and two rear speakers and a subwoofer (plays bass, etc)

Problem I'm having is that the two rear speakers don't ever play, I have tried to configure them in the Volume control options, etc.

They work because when I play World of Warcraft, the two rear speakers work for some reason. I guess the problem I'm having is setting them up correctly.

I would GREATLY appreciate any help!

Thanks in advance.

Failenx

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
does what your trying to play on the speakers have more then 2 channels?

I'm trying to get it to work for youtube, or web browsing, etc. The rear speakers don't work for anything except WoW so far.

And I just recently found out that the fade knob increases/decreases the volume of the two rear speakers? Is it supposed to be like that?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
I don't think they usually play unless the source has more then 2 channels (like a DVD or WOW) - I don't know exactly for those speakers, but most of them are like that

Samuraid

Advisor
Reaction score
You can see if your speakers will offer a matrix/virtual-surround mode, which will give you a somewhat weak version of surround sound when playing a stereo source. Also, if you have a soundblaster soundcard, you could try enabling CMSS or CMSS2 to get a better virtual surround sound from stereo sources.

Otherwise, as Slapshot said, if you only play stereo sources you will only get stereo output.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.