Ziggurat Defense

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
This map is still in the early planning stages, but I feel it is one of my best ideas in a while and am eager to make this overview thread.

Ziggurat Defense

war3mappreviewug6.jpg

Overview

This map is somewhat like Enfos, but with less players, and focuses more on teamwork as well as (for Player 5), base development and strategy.

The Story

Not long ago, humans found a mysterious jungle and began to settle there. However, you and the other lead expeditionists have mapped out the region, and have stumbled upon an ancient Ziggurat. As you approach, all falls quiet as an ancient evil is released. You must now hold off the rampaging enemies from within, for humanity is counting on you.

Players

Players 1-4: Holds off creep spawns.
Player 5: Village defender. Is capable of building structures and researching upgrades to defend the villages and catch leaks.

Terrain

The terrain isn't finished yet, but this is its current status:

overview1qe7.png

Things remaining to add:

-Villages
-More doodads
-More detail

The Twist

The twist is that, unlike most hero defenses, this one has a respective lane for each of the four heroes (though heroes are allowed to change between lanes via waygates). Also, the Village Defender must not only focus on one village, but all four! This requires a lot of micromanagement.

Other features include:

-Item Recipes
-Buyable enchantments
-Possible other gameplay modes, such as kill count and team-based defense
-Triggering to adjust enemy health depending on the amount of players and amount of remaining villages

WorpeX

Reaction score
Hmm... I'd suggest making a second builder, for two reasons

1: Relying on one player isn't usually a good idea, some times you get a super noob, or he leaves half way through. If this happens you'd get pretty much screwed over, having a second will remedy this.

2: I have more than 5 friends, It would be great to get more people into the game and have fun with everyone at once. I like to make my games have a minimum of 6 players, and sometimes that isn't even enough.

Other than than, it sounds like it'll be a cool idea. It might get mighty boring for the creep holderoffers, (o_O?) as they would be playing alone basically it would get pretty lonely. I'd suggest adding in some mini-games to keep it from getting repetitive.

Good luck!

NiKaNoRoU_GR

Reaction score
An extremely good map, though without other players it would suck :(
Anyways, an originality by Kenito (the village defend is very good idea) +rep

P

Pawnable

o_O;; You should stop the spawning of one side if someone leaves/is not present.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.