1,000 cranes

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
Mainly what I would do is if possible get some type of clear jar and hand it to her. It's much nicer then giving her a bag of it.

well here's how i had it in mind

i was gonna get a big brown box, lol... and i was just gonna stuff them all inside there, save for one. then i was gonna write a letter put it in an envelope and put it on one of the flasp (so when she opens she'll see the envelope) and its gonna have arrows so she opens it on the right side, lol... then iw as also gonn mail that along with another letter in an envelope and that letter was gonna say soemthing about the legend and how if umake 1,000 your wish will coem true, then i put one of the cranes in that, then when she opens the box she'll see the other envelope and in that i'll have written sometihng like "Can't wait for you to get back and see if mine (wish) came true"

i liek the idea of placing them in her house, but she lives in Illinois, and i live in Mississippi, quite a way to travel, lol...

elmstfreddie

The Finglonger
Reaction score
If I was a girl and some guy had given ME 1,000 cranes, I'd think, "Okay, what did he do that he needs to make up for?"
And that's why I don't have a girlfriend... lol

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
We girls only think that when you guys have been acting a bit too shady prior to the gift giving lol

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
We girls only think that when you guys have been acting a bit too shady prior to the gift giving lol

What if we want to save time in the future so we give it to the girl now so that if we did something bad later we can use the gift to fall back on? :rolleyes:

1JadedJen

Send Lawyers, Guns and Money
Reaction score
Girl law says that you get points for your good deed toward future mistakes, yes, but I think they expire after like 7 days :D

PLUS
if the something bad is a something that would require fore thought and planning, we might pick up on the whole, gave you a gift to say sorry before I had to say sorry thing.

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Girl law says that you get points for your good deed toward future mistakes, yes, but I think they expire after like 7 days :D

PLUS
if the something bad is a something that would require fore thought and planning, we might pick up on the whole, gave you a gift to say sorry before I had to say sorry thing.
In that case, diamonds usually do the trick, but it sets you back a "I'm sorry for future misdeeds" present, and about 3-400 bucks.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
ok, so i'm up to 45 (yea, haven't worked to hard lately, :( )

heres a picture of it, i manged to fidn a better place to store them (with more room!)

45cranesih8.jpg

stubs101

Reaction score
Maybe if you didn't spend so much time on the helper braggging about how many you finished you would have more done by now...

Keep working on them, they're looking great.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
lmao, thanks stubs, love ya!

haha, nah lately I've been doing pretty good, prolly gonna make another 5-15 tonight before i head off to bed... i aim to have 100 by tomorrow night.

S

Skibiliano

They look really nice, i even don't know how to make them :banghead: .

Bartuc08

Reaction score
well i hit 100

heres a picture

100craneswo8.jpg

S

Skibiliano

Wow.. 100 down, 900 to go. you have completed 1/10 of the job already :) .

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
I tried to make one, as well. Came out pretty nice, I reckon.

Orizuru.jpg

Good luck, you need it for reaching your goal! :)

(You should tie them together, in columns, like it's done in Japan)

Miz

Administrator
Reaction score
Well I'm a japanese Expert anyway
Paper Cranes is showing the emotion of love if you give them to your lover
But 1000 is a big job lol it could take you up to a year but if you move fast enough you can get it done in lets say 3 months? lol

Bartuc08

Reaction score
Well I'm a japanese Expert anyway
Paper Cranes is showing the emotion of love if you give them to your lover
But 1000 is a big job lol it could take you up to a year but if you move fast enough you can get it done in lets say 3 months? lol

lol, well, i did almost 60 in 3 days... so i beleive i can finish within 3 months, i have enough papaer to make roughly 210 more... then i either have to buy some more or resort to loose leaf paper...

and i dunno about the tying them together part. i know its how it's done in japan, but after making 1,000 i don't know if i'll have it in me to go throghu and tie them all together,

but i also don't wknow where to tie them from, lol...

Tonks

Reaction score
I took Japanese Immersion during grade school, and we all made a bunch of cranes to hang around the classroom. We used newspaper, maybe you could, too.

Also, some people seem to have taken my first comment as a rude thing to say, all I meant by it is that this is a big commitment, and not something to be taken lightly.

Bartuc08

Reaction score
I took Japanese Immersion during grade school, and we all made a bunch of cranes to hang around the classroom. We used newspaper, maybe you could, too.

Also, some people seem to have taken my first comment as a rude thing to say, all I meant by it is that this is a big commitment, and not something to be taken lightly.

yea i was actually considering a lot of things, i want it to be colorful with a bunch of different things, i might even use gift wrap if it turns out to be stable enough, i tried aluminum foil but it bends to easily... and i took your first comment as a joke, and your right it is a big commitment, but i plan on staying with her for a while.

but u raise a good point thou, lol, if i break up with her it would be aqward in a sense.. but oh well... i loves her :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.