Ability edit: Matrix trouble

B

Blademaster_X

For a map I'm making a character has Thorns Aura, Evasion, Critical Strike, and Bladestorm. But the abilties overlap each other. I used WinMPQ to edit the file NightElfAbilityFunc.txt and edited Thorns Aura to matrix 0,2 and Evasion to matrix 1,2. Then I opened up my map in WinMPQ, and added the edited NightElfAbilityFunc.txt. I played the map...doesn't work. Abilities are still there like nothing was changed. And this problem isn't described in the tutorial to WinMPQ - so could you please help me?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
First off, thanks for actually reading the FAQ, it makes my job a whole lot easier.

Now, regarding your problem, when you imported the file into your map, did you import it into the units\ path? I think that may be your problem. Remember WinMPQ lets you specify a path for importing at the time you import a file.

B

Blademaster_X

Yes i did: units\NightElfAbilityFunc.txt. Do you think my custom loading screen is the problem? I tried switching to default custom loading screen and it deleted all my regions :( . (I took the time to put them back though). I never got a chance to test it under default. If you think this is the problem then I'll try again later and make a backup this time.

B

Blademaster_X

Problem solved! It was the custom loading screen. So if anyone has problems in the future with the matrix not working, switch the loading screen to default. Now I can continue on my map. (Finally):p .

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I remember how utterly confused I was the day I discovered the loading screen problem.

After all, it makes no sense - why would a custom loading screen cause the modified slot positions to not work?? How exactly are they connected?? (these are rhetorical questions btw)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.