ability editing

Bomook

Reaction score
does ability editing only apply for a single map or does it change that ability no matter which map it's played in?

whereas my "epic" map making is equivalent to using Emerald Aspect Placer for StarEdit, I don't want something like Arsenal III that changes something permanently (basically screwing up that ability for other maps).

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
If you're referring to the actual playing of the map, then it is only whatever you import into your map that changes it.

If you're referring to what you see in the editor, then as long as you have abilitydata.slk in your units\ folder, then it will change the spells universally (according to however you have modified abilitydata.slk). Just take the slk out of that folder whenever you don't want it to affect stuff in the editor.

Bomook

Reaction score
yeah, I was referring to the actual playing of the map.

example: I change thunderclap into some uber spell because it has some significance in my map, so it's not necessarily a negative change.

I want it to only affect that map, whereas if it affected all other maps it would be bad, because then in melee games there'd be some pretty unstoppable mountain kings :p.

I guess I can wait for frozen throne to come out (reading from the hero thread :)). Actually what I wanted to do was create a "fighter" unit who had critical strike, evasion, and endurance aura at the same time (and they're slotted in different areas, so I wanted to change that; if it affected all maps then the blademasters, demon hunters and tauren chieftains would start getting some wierd ability slot collisions :p)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
I'm just praying that custom spells made with RoC won't break to the point of non-recovery when converted into TFT format.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.