C++ Questions.....

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
I'm learning basic C++ right now and I want to know multithreading on a console..

1. How do I run a script while I wait for input?? The input should be at the bottom of the console.. Also, I want the other thread to clear the top every loop..

So basically what I want is something like this:

Code:
----------
-        -
-        -
-        - << -- I want the top portion of the screen to update itself while clearing the top portion.  
-        -
-        -
---------- <<  -- While the bottom portion of the screen is waiting for user inputs.

2. How do I change text color and background color in console??

3. Can I write scripts on different file seperately and later link it to the main file?? For example, I want script "A" to store my functions but would be needing the headers I linked on my "main.cpp".. How do I do that?

Note: I'm using Windows for now.. I'm using Code::Blocks btw..

ertaboy356b

Old School Gamer
Reaction score
How do I do "Question 1"?? I mean, I have a framework of doing a multithread but I don't know how to do the picture I drew?? Is it even doable?

GetTriggerUnit-

DogEntrepreneur
Reaction score
O.K.

1. I'm not sure to understand what you want. system("CLS"); Will clear the console flawlessly, you'd need to output again what you want to keep actually.

2. system("COLOR #");. To know more about this, run cmd and type "color info" + enter. It will tell you numbers that change the console's color.

Code:
file main.cpp

#include <iostream>
#include <somestuff>
etc...

#include "scriptA.h" // this will include everything your "scriptA.h" header file contains.

Samael88

Evil always finds a way
Reaction score
1. I'm not sure to understand what you want. system("CLS"); Will clear the console flawlessly, you'd need to output again what you want to keep actually.

Before I started working with 2D graphics I was also looking for a way to do that and GetTriggerUnit's way is the closest one I could find :(

You could also use a goto function and fill the requested area with spaces, that could work as well^^

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.