Charges on unit production?

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
Is it possible to make it so that I got a building selling Zergs. The Zergs should have a max of 5 stacks and every 1 second it gains a stack.. and whenever a zerg is produced it loses a stack.
so:
5 stacks
1 zerg produced => 4 stacks
1 second passed => 5 stacks
2 zergs produced => 3 stacks

hopefully you understand it.

Rainther

I guess I should write something of value here...
Reaction score
Just to clarify:

Will you want to spawn Zerg from Larvas or from a building?

Ioannes

Oh man, I shot Marvin in the face.
Reaction score
You mean like in the Merc Compound?

It should be possible to copy the Merc Summoning ability for ordinary units. And ten restore charges through triggers.

First, go to the train ability. It has to look like that of the Mercenary Compound (Merc Compound - Summon Mercenaries, Ability - Info +, and double-click on any unit to open the window for it) In the middle are the fields with number of charges, etc., that limit summoning the mercs. Compare a unit trained in the Merc Compound with a unit trained in Barracks - the different fields in the Merc Compound determine the charges.
Namely these:

There are trigger functions for restoring charges. Here's how a trigger that restores charges probably looks like. Haven't tried it, though, bcs of slow comp :/

Alternatively, some of the fields in the Ability - Info + determines the time it takes for charges to regenerate.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
I'm sorry to bring this back up, but I've returned to SC2 Editor again and I want to take this map up again - but I cant seem to be able to find the ability again?

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
The ability is located in the Liberty Campaign Mod, so make sure that is a dependency for your map. Other than that, it should be there.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.