Compilation error, a shitty one :P

A

Axplosion

Nope, I'm not a noob, but this shitty error just won't leave :p

I'm not so long making maps for Warcraft 3, but when I had finished the game, I wanted to make my own RPG map, well, put a whole lot of work in it, and when completed just about 50%, I was online on a Warcraft 3 community (I never come to those) and saw there was a patch! Well, that's very nice, so I downloaded 1.06, installed, after that, when I try to save my map, 1102 compile errors... :x
I've read the other topics on this forum about compilation errors, tried all of it, even deleted all of my frickin' triggers, and still got it, the weird thing is: it does save, but with the shitty errors.
My question: Has anyone else had this before? :p

I've mapped for Q3A, UT and UT2k3 before, I'm a C++, Java, Perl, PHP (MySQL) and JavaScript programmer, had a lot (and believe me, that really is a lot) of shit like this before, but, ffs, I just don't know what to do with this one... :-X

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, thats no good is it.....

Have you tried re-installing the game, going to patch 1.05, and saving it with that patch? It sounds extreme, I know...

In any scenario where the map saved AND I got errors, if I closed down and opened up the editor and map, and then saved it again, the errors would cease to exist.

I see you have good programming knowledge, so I'll give you this one strategy:

File => export script => save it

Then open your script up in a text program and go to the lines where you were getting the errors. See if you can find out what's going on there.

A

Axplosion

Originally posted by Darg

I see you have good programming knowledge, so I'll give you this one strategy:

File => export script => save it

Then open your script up in a text program and go to the lines where you were getting the errors. See if you can find out what's going on there.

Good one! Haven't thought about that yet! If that won't work, I idd try to re-install the game, anyway thank you very much for this strat, keep you informed if it worked :)

Edit: Just a bit too enthousiastic :p Another problem: The script has 699 lines, while the first...about 550 errors I get are about lines way above 699...after those errors, I get just about 550 errors, about every line in the script, except the lines with comment...That means I can check the whole script... :S And what if I know what's wrong, I mean, I can't import the fixed script (I guess, I didn't saw that option at 'File'...)

I'll just try to re-install the game, because this isn't getting me any further...Darg, thanks anyway! :) Keep you guys informed...!

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Hmm, I suspect you might have 1 error which is causing a cascading effect, creating errors in your entire code. Kind of like leaving out close comments and seeing how the compiler spits at you a quadrillion problems.

A

Axplosion

Hmm, I suspect you might have 1 error which is causing a cascading effect, creating errors in your entire code. Kind of like leaving out close comments and seeing how the compiler spits at you a quadrillion problems.

Yes, I already figured that out (told you: had this shit more before, Perl is made to give compilation errors, seriously... :-X ), anyway, what will it help me when I figure out what's wrong? I already told you: I deleted all the triggers, and still get the error, what else could cause such an error?

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
ok if you have deleted all your triggers and still get the errors, your next step is to:

- delete all cameras

- then try deleting all custom units

- then if you have changed any values for base units, reset the units back to default (right-click the unit, dont bother defaulting the individual values)

i really hope u made a backup of your map before doing all this lol.... :)

A

Axplosion

ok if you have deleted all your triggers and still get the errors, your next step is to:

- delete all cameras

- then try deleting all custom units

- then if you have changed any values for base units, reset the units back to default (right-click the unit, dont bother defaulting the individual values)
Thanks again, I'll try it...!

i really hope u made a backup of your map before doing all this lol.... :)

Haha, yes, I did...! :) ;)

A

Axplosion

Things are getting more and more interesting... :-X
Guess what? ;) Deleted all custom, even deleted all the units in the map, deleted all the camera's, all the triggers, still the errors...what's the next step? Delete the map? :p ;) I'll try deleting all the regions too... Else I'll try to re-install the game (haven't done that yet...)

Edit: Deleted all regions, still error...I think the problem simply is that I made the map in v1.0 and now try to edit it in v1.6...:S Well, up to re-install then...

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
its made in v1.0? oh, maybe you should have mentioned that before!

i seriously doubt u would get it to work in v1.06, because the editor has been patched/upgraded a couple of times since the beginning.

did u tell me before that u made this in 1.0? we could have saved all this trouble if u had done that......

A

Axplosion

its made in v1.0? oh, maybe you should have mentioned that before!

i seriously doubt u would get it to work in v1.06, because the editor has been patched/upgraded a couple of times since the beginning.

did u tell me before that u made this in 1.0? we could have saved all this trouble if u had done that......

Ehrrrr...sorry... I mentioned that I made it with a fresh install...anyway, what to do now? clean install, load map, next patch (1.01?), save map, next patch, save map, or something?? :p :eek:

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
this is what is boils down to:

- apply latest patch to game

- start map again

its the only solution that will 100% work.

remember you can copy your triggers from the old map into the new map. i think u can copy unit data too. you'll have to make ur regions and terrain again though.

A

Axplosion

this is what is boils down to:

- apply latest patch to game

- start map again

its the only solution that will 100% work.

remember you can copy your triggers from the old map into the new map. i think u can copy unit data too. you'll have to make ur regions and terrain again though.

Hmmz, k, thanks a lot! :)

help

I Happened To Have The Same Problem With My Map Editor And All I Did was reinstall warcraft and not install any updates with it, and then it worked.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.