Crash with some maps using custom .blp's...why?

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
I'm finding that some of the maps uploaded here will crash or hang WC3 in various ways, and the common attribute is that they have imported .blp icons in use. For example, Angel_Island's Windrunner's Spells will freeze WC3 when I go to add a point to an ability, and Angel_Island's Admiral's Spells will hang 2/3 of the way through the map loading progress bar. If I delete all .blp's in the Import Manager, the maps load and play fine (albeit with broken icon graphics).

Anyone know what might be happening? I've certainly played maps using custom icons before, and can import and use them OK (I tried GooS's excellent lightning storm icon to test). So what would be particular about these maps that would somehow make their .blp's hang my Warcraft?

My WC3:FT is up-to-date (1.23.0.6352, no updates prompted when signing on to BNet). The only thing out of the ordinary is that I'm on a Mac... *ducks the inevitable thrown bricks* :eek:

Weep

Reaction score
Maybe that is the point.

That's probably why I'm having this problem at all, but doesn't help figure out why these maps are freezing, while others that also use custom icons - and are undoubtedly made on PCs - don't have an issue.

Any ideas, anyone?

Terrabull

Veteran Member (Done that)
Reaction score
This happens on Civ Wars and Battle Tanks as well.
Was something new added that screws up custom icons on Macs?

Weep

Reaction score
Necropost ahoy:

Was something new added that screws up custom icons on Macs?
Nothing new - you might notice that my original post was from June, before the 1.24 patch. :p

Paladon

Reaction score
I am searching for a solution for this problem currently as well (pretty hurried) and will post possible results here.

Paladon

Reaction score
Okay, as it seems, only compressed .blps cause the crash. Just leave the original image quality over 75% (best 100%).
Worked for Battle Tanks.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.