sunshinex3

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Trigger:
  • Clone
    • Events
    • Unit - A unit Finishes casting an ability
    • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) Equal to Clone (flood manipulator)
    • Actions
    • Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) for (Owner of (Casting unit)) at (Target point of ability being cast) facing Default building facing degrees
    • Unit - Remove (Casting unit) from the game
    • Animation - Change (Attacked unit)'s vertex coloring to (100.00%, 50.00%, 0.00%) with 0.00% transparency
    • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Attacked unit) using war3mapImported\Flood_Final_squished.mdx

this removes my hero that has the ability but it doesn't make me the hero that is the target of ability being cast. which is what it is supposed to do.
So? why doesn't the create hero action not work?

Last edited:

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Is there a target unit of ability being cast (otherwise, no unit is created)? Is there a target point of ability being cast (otherwise, the unit is created in the map center)?
I vaguely recall that "finishes casting" is not the best event for spell triggers. You could google it.

Why is there Attacked Unit stuff?

Crimson

Reaction score
Is that a channeling ability? If so, you'll need three triggers for that.

The first one is the initialization trigger. It sets a boolean to false, store some handles into variables...etc. Then you turn on your periodic trigger for the channeling spell if it needs one.

The second fires after a unit finishes the spell. It sets the boolean to true.

The third is what you want the spell to do. It checks if the boolean is true and it does some actions. If not, then it does nothing. Either way, this turns off the periodic trigger channeling spells should have.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.