Do u need custom icons for your map?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Reaction score
septimus consider it done, kazuga ill see what i can do, igor z consider it done, undead dragon ill post some stuff 4 u, if any1 likes my icons plz add rep and give credit if used

Ban for ripping imo.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Stop crying, he finds whatever icon you want, and your not happy? Whats better than having a person searching for all icons you want to spare you the time :>
Searching the hive for a icon hardly takes six hours. Its easy to say that in your posisition, but how about the people who made the icons, getting all the work they did stolen and credit being taken for by sombody else?

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No one remembers who made what icon anyway... I never seen a map in my whole life (almost) that gives credit for icon makes.

Kenny

Back for now.
Reaction score
No one remembers who made what icon anyway... I never seen a map in my whole life (almost) that gives credit for icon makes.

Check the information section, like F9 or something, most half decent maps will have a credits section.

Anyway as for this, it would of been okay to just post links, but saying they were done by himself and actually asking for rep seems like a bad idea to me.

I don't know what will happen with this, probably closed.

Daskunk

Reaction score
"remembers"? Yeah right. It requires no memory, it says right on the hive were you download it.

Maps is different. Lots of people include it in quests were nobody looks. In a map, your using a resource like It was meant to be used, not taking claim for it. Moe here was purposefully stealing icons and taking credit for them, to get famous and earn rep, not to use in his map. There is a difference.

Anyways, It doesn't really bother me that much as long as he stops doing it in the future and gives credit instead, but I know I would be annoyed if I my icons (If I ever made any) got stolen and credit taken for. If you don't mind us stealing your work then fine, moe can steal from you instead. >_> (Get my point yet?)
I kinda feel sorry for moe, lol.

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
"remembers"? Yeah right. It requires no memory, it says right on the hive were you download it.

Maps is different. Lots of people include it in quests were nobody looks. In a map, your using a resource like It was meant to be used, not taking claim for it. Moe here was purposefully stealing icons and taking credit for them, to get famous and earn rep, not to use in his map. There is a difference.

Anyways, It doesn't really bother me that much as long as he stops doing it in the future and gives credit instead, but I know I would be annoyed if I my icons (If I ever made any) got stolen and credit taken for. If you don't mind us stealing your work then fine, moe can steal from you instead. >_> (Get my point yet?)

You got a point there,

Manix

Reaction score
I don't give a shit where does he get the icons from.. Even if he's getting them from hiveworkshop then what the hell do i care? Is it better to spend 30 min searching the correct icon or having a person to lose his time for your icons? Just find me the icons man +rep..

Daskunk

Reaction score
I don't give a shit where does he get the icons from.. Even if he's getting them from hiveworkshop then what the hell do i care? Is it better to spend 30 min searching the correct icon or having a person to lose his time for your icons? Just find me the icons man +rep..
Its not the fact they are not his, its the fact he is claiming they are made by him that is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.