Dumb Moments in WoW - Post Your Dumbest Moment

1)ark_Knight

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just a little WoW fun. Post the stupidest thing you've done in game on Wow.
Don't worry were laughing with you... not

So here is mine. I'm almost positive it ranks pretty damn high up there on the "dumb scale".

I looted a Hyacinth Macaw. Which at the time (might still be) the single rarest pet drop in WoW. It is said to have a 1 in 10,000 drop rate off a Bloodsail Pirate.

ya.... I unknowingly sold it for 12 gold at the Auction House :eek: and I knew something was wrong when it sold before I left the AH. :banghead:
I cried. (jk)

So is there anyone who can beat this? :p

Thanatos_820

Death is Not the End
Reaction score
I looted a Wolffear Harness off a spider in Arathi Highlands. When I went to the AH, this Rogue wanted to buy it for 50g, I sold it for 15g instead. I never knew what twinks were during this time.

Prometheus

Everything is mutable; nothing is sacred
Reaction score
I got an Epic Staff drop, BoE, in ST. Me and the other caster rolled need. I really didn't need it cause my current blue staff was better but I got it. I thought "Oh shit, they'll freak on me if I don't equip it." so I did.
Had to vendor it for about 5g.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I once found an item missing in my bag. It was a piece of s1. I had no idea where it went so...

I spent an entire day trying to find it. I opened a ticket to a GM, looked through my bank, checked my alts, talked to friends who know my account. At about 9 P.M. that day, a bit after my dinner, I noticed it sitting in the last bag in my inventory...

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I once found an item missing in my bag. It was a piece of s1. I had no idea where it went so...

I spent an entire day trying to find it. I opened a ticket to a GM, looked through my bank, checked my alts, talked to friends who know my account. At about 9 P.M. that day, a bit after my dinner, I noticed it sitting in the last bag in my inventory...

Why would you check your alts for S1? :p

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Lol, I have no idea, I thought I might've accidentally sent it to them.

And to the guy with the pitlord avatar, paladins are awesome.... amazing raid utility.

quraji

zap
Reaction score
I chose a Paladin as my main... :eek:
:D

I have too many dumb moments to list :p

As a tank I'd often accidentally pull a boss or mob that I shouldn't have, but a quick "Who did that?" over Vent usually gets blame placed elsewhere :D

One time as a gnome I got stuck under a fence when I tried to run under it :thdown:

P.S. - Smiley powa!

Darkchaoself

What is this i dont even
Reaction score
Playing WoW For about 1 1/2 months now.

Level 29 is highest/main

Killing some raptors in the wetlands, got some rare boots, went to AH and put them up for 4 gold
Sold before i even put my next item up (About 45 seconds, not even)

Went on Thottbot for PC, saw they were normally sold for around 25g, with a drop rate of .002%

That could of paid for (most) my mount @.@

Worst mistake for me ever

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
theres a lot of times i accidentally got on the wrong mount before taking that leap off aldor rise in shat... although raptors can be considered birds... they can't fly.

Oninuva

Reaction score
I looted a Hyacinth Macaw. Which at the time (might still be) the single rarest pet drop in WoW. It is said to have a 1 in 10,000 drop rate off a Bloodsail Pirate.

ya.... I unknowingly sold it for 12 gold at the Auction House :eek: and I knew something was wrong when it sold before I left the AH. :banghead:
I cried. (jk)

So is there anyone who can beat this? :p

It's not that rare of drop. I got one on every character when I grinded on them :)

Anyways

LEEEERRROOOY JEENNNNKINNNNS

Dan

The New Helper.Net gives me great Anxiety... o.O;;
Reaction score
As a tank I'd often accidentally pull a boss or mob that I shouldn't have, but a quick "Who did that?" over Vent usually gets blame placed elsewhere

That reminds me of one time when I slipped into a vent channel with my friend...There was a channel where 5 people were doing an instance and we would wait until we heard them say certain things and then give an order or command really quick... They didn't realize for like 30 minutes... and they were like fighting with each other because SOMEONE said pull... among other things we said were "Heal me" and "buff me" and other smart @$$ remarks... but we did it so seemlessly that they never had a clue. It was good fun...

sorry about OT post... XD

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
When I was a level 12 dwarf hunter, I started to shoot a random horde hunter standing by a dwarven city. He stood there until he was near half dead (which didn't take long, surprisingly). Then he killed me with one shot. Things like that make WoW fun though. I remember joining WoW with my cousin. We'd act out our characters and send each other messages. The magic of WoW faded quickly though. I wish we could still do that, but I'm off of Warcrack for good.

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
When I was a level 12 dwarf hunter, I started to shoot a random horde hunter standing by a dwarven city. He stood there until he was near half dead (which didn't take long, surprisingly). Then he killed me with one shot. Things like that make WoW fun though. I remember joining WoW with my cousin. We'd act out our characters and send each other messages. The magic of WoW faded quickly though. I wish we could still do that, but I'm off of Warcrack for good.

your never off warcrack, soon you'll get flashbacks then you'll get that craving in your mouth and body, soon you'll be back on warcrack, each patch delivering a more powerful punch then the last till you can't take it anymore and your family burns your computer down.

Crusher

Reaction score
The most Stupid thing I done is this:

YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!

Me and my group (raid) were going on Iliidan at Black Temple...

We grouped kill all mobs and all that crap,and we came to Illidan and fought for about 35 minutes...

When Iliidan Died,He Dropped Warglaive Of Azzinoth (HOLY COW,I think drop chance is 2%)....

Well I Wanted to pick some shoulder he dropped,but I acidentlly pushed my mouse on Warglaive of azzinoth and then Pressed Need....

And you know what?The item gone to me....The Raid Was so angry,But you can't explain the raid It was accident,Because even if you explain,They won't believe....

That is the most dumb thing I done in WoW with my Warrior.. :eek:

Husky

Local Lurker
Reaction score
The most Stupid thing I done is this:

YOU MAY NOT BELIEVE THIS!!!
Me and my group (raid) were going on Iliidan at Black Temple...

We grouped kill all mobs and all that crap,and we came to Illidan and fought for about 35 minutes...

When Iliidan Died,He Dropped Warglaive Of Azzinoth (HOLY COW,I think drop chance is 2%)....

Well I Wanted to pick some shoulder he dropped,but I acidentlly pushed my mouse on Warglaive of azzinoth and then Pressed Need....

And you know what?The item gone to me....The Raid Was so angry,But you can't explain the raid It was accident,Because even if you explain,They won't believe....

That is the most dumb thing I done in WoW with my Warrior.. :eek:

I don't believe it as I only know of one guild that uses "Group Loot" in 25mans. It is 99% of the time, Master Looter. Unless it was a Private Server then I believe it, but definitely not on Live, as people tend to get quite well known for ninja'ing Legendaries.

Also, if it is true, link us your Armoury profile :).

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
A few years ago I flamed this guy in the general chat because we were all talking about private servers, and he told us that it was illegal so I asked him "wtf are you, a gm or something?" and it turned out he actually was a GM and I got banned for 3 hours :p

Also, I've ninjaed loads of loot, including some seriously rare and powerful stuff from Sunwell and Black Temple, but it doesn't count as stupid because I did it on purpose. Lol, I still can't get over the noise this one kid made on ventrilo :D

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Back when I used to play WoW (pre-BC), I got a really rare staff drop from some random mob. Instead of selling it for the several hundred gold it was worth, I traded it for a few runs of an instance. It wasn't even close to worth it, but the good thing is that the guy who ran me through practically got excommunicated because of it (he knew he was ripping me off).

Ghostwind

o________o
Reaction score
Some other person put up an epic bow on the auction house for 1 gold but forgot to put the buyout price, and it was on the auction for 8 more hours. So I discovered it and was stupid enough to advertise in general chat that some idiot put an epic bow up for one gold, and I ended up staying up until 6 AM in a race to win the auction with 5 other people. I won it though, of course, by coming back about 5 minutes before it ended and putting in 10 silver more than the last person.

Anyways, the dumb thing was that the final bid price ended up being more than the normal price for that item. :nuts:

Marcel

Reaction score
How thottbot.com is so <3

Before i even knowed www.thottbot.com:
I finded http://thottbot.com/i2276
Then i goed to sell It Ironforge, someone said i pay 4g rofl,i thinked its good -.-
And i selled it little moment later i getted offer with 50g...then i said i just selled it 4g he said okey =.( After some days My friend telled me for thottbot.com i goed check how many gold is it worth when i seen it i was shoked i would getted my mount

I selled it for 4g go that link to see whats its real Price

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.