Enlarging special effect

Chewbalka

Reaction score
I want to make "Objects\Spawnmodels\Human\HumanLargeDeathExplode\HumanLargeDeathExplode.mdl" as a special effect at a point but its way too small, how would i make it 4 times bigger?

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
You spawn a dummy unit with a model with an 'origin' attachment point, you change the unit size to 400, you add the effect, and you kill the unit.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
>vexorian dummy model

>with a model with an 'origin' attachment point

It's kinda what I meant...

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
But it's the standard dummy model that everybody uses instead of creating a unit for every effect and it has many attachment points and animations which I am not really sure.

Sid

Reaction score
You spawn a dummy unit with a model with an 'origin' attachment point, you change the unit size to 400, you add the effect, and you kill the unit.

Or you could use vexorian dummy model :)

Are you guys insane?

How about changing the Unit's model to the effect and Scaling it to whatever you want? Why g for a Dummy Model?

At least that's what I did... Here...
The bottom of this whole fountain is custom by JetFangInferno
and the eruption kinda thing is standard NagaDeath model... ;)
war32009040623160918.jpg

wraithseeker

Tired.
Reaction score
Using vexorian dummy model means you only need 1 dummy model for any kind of effects

It is useful if you have like 20+ effects that needs scaling and this will shorten the work for you.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
it was only 1 effect i needed to make bigger so i just made a new unit with its model file as the special effect, i figure vexorian dummy needs a import, which file size is getting a bit large already.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.