-=Galactic Conquest=-

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Custom Icons... Hmm... I don't know... One of the main reason why the map is not 3mb is because I reduced the quality of the custom skins usually about to 40% of the original... (Take the skin of the planet and its portrait)

Im sure soon, it will be used... But for now... Im leaving it that way =P

Btw Ive got some models that are almost a megabyte.. soon, you will see it in the game w/o any huge map size difference =)

Randor244

Reaction score
Well, actually, id really doesn't have to be all custom icons... just change some icons a little. Like that turtle icon for well i dunno but a turtle shouldn't be in space for sure!

It wouldn't be all too hard.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Theyre not earth turtles =D... Anyways, it looks like you've tried the map... How is it? slow, boring, impossible, imbalanced, cool or what?

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Updated... I think it fixes that disconnecting problem... Please give it a try in battle.net

Drunken_God

Hopes to get back into Mapmaking with SC2 :)
Reaction score
maybe sb said it already but: make a custom game interface(i dont think leaves fit together with the universe^^)

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Hey, this map is not yet dead... (For now) anyways, I found a way to control units with just one unit...

What do you think?

Control 12 units

Control 1 unit followed by other units

There are some downsides to it...

For instance...

Will I let them move and attack any nearby units, or strictly forbid any other commands until they reach the "Fleet Control Unit"?

Another one is...

How the heck am I going to put Active Abilities on units...

One idea is to select the ships (then it automatically deselects after a split second) then it will cast an ability... Like locust..., another idea is to put abilities on the Fleet Control Unit, but if I do that... How will I know which ships are owned by the Fleet Control Unit... Variables with arrays is a good idea, but then it will limit me with 8256 Fleet Control Units and may bug up or possibly decrease my ability to use it with triggers?

The last one is (which is related to the 2nd idea of the 2nd downside)...

How will I know which ship is following its own Fleet Control Unit? I'm looking forward to using Variables with Arrays over this but I don't think it will work as effective as I would think...

So, what do you think?
:nuts:

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
So if I understand you, do you need help making a squad system? If so I have one that I think I could show you.

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
Heh, I knew typing at night was a bad idea... YES

K I made a squad system that I'm never gonna use, but I gotta give some specifics on how it works:
-The map can have at most 6 players, because 6 players are computer controlled
-Their can be squads of units, and each one can have commanders that attach to that squad-type AND THAT SQUAD-TYPE alone. For example, bomber commanders could only attach to bomber squads etc.

Does this sound like it would help you? If so I'll post it, if you want any changes just say them, and I'm sure i can find a way to accommodate them.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
That looks ok... Im guessing only 6 players because the other 6 are the squad members...

WolSHaman

knowledgeably ignorant
Reaction score
That looks ok... Im guessing only 6 players because the other 6 are the squad members...

K Here's the triggers: (note: the death trigger MIGHT still require some ironing out)
A few restrictions/notes:
-it doesn't work with units that spawn immediately upon startup, it only works with units that are trained from barracks or that have another predefined, detectable event
-its assumed that to determine which player is the computer, add 6 to the player number (for example, player 1's computer would be player 7)
now heres the code:
First, we need a trigger to create the unit group, and in this case the condition will be a unit being trained, the example unit being the bomber, but for each individual unit-type you'll need to trigger this separately:
at map initialization, you must set each player in a variable using this trigger:
Code:
Setting Up Triggers
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions

Set trulyallplayers = (All players)
        Player Group - Pick every player in trulyallplayers and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Set player[(Player number of (Picked player))] = (Picked player)

Custom script: call DestroyForce(udg_trulyallplayers)
Code:
Bomber
    Events
        Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Trained unit)) Equal to Bomber Squad
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Owner of (Trained unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
            Then - Actions
                Unit - Set the custom value of (Trained unit) to (Number of living Bomber Squad units owned by Player 1 (Red))
                For each (Integer A) from 1 to 4, do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                        Set unitspawnpoint = (Position of (Trained unit))
                        Unit - Create 1 Bomber Squad for Player 7 (Green) at unitspawnpoint facing Default building facing degrees
                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Last created unit) to (Custom value of (Trained unit))
            Else - Actions
So as you see, I've created the unit group, but variables won't work cuz it would require to many of them, and tracking them would be a bitch, so it tracks using custom values instead
Next it needs to detect when a unit is ordered to attack, stop, or move, so we use these three triggers:
Code:
Move Bomber and commander
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
    Conditions
        ((Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Bomber Commander) or ((Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Bomber Squad)
        Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            Conditions
                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 3 (Teal)
                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
                (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 6 (Orange)
            Conditions
                (Issued order) Not equal to (Order("move"))
                (Issued order) Not equal to (Order("smart"))
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Set orderedgroup = (Units owned by Player 7 (Green) matching ((Custom value of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Custom value of (Ordered unit))))
                Unit Group - Pick every unit in orderedgroup and do (Actions)
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Bomber Commander) or ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Bomber Squad)
                            Then - Actions
                                Set movepoint = ((Target point of issued order) offset by 200.00 towards (90.00 x (Real((Integer A)))) degrees)
                                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Move To movepoint
                                Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_movepoint)
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions
This orders the unit to move, now we need a trigger for attacking, so here it is:
Code:
Attack Bomber and commander
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    Conditions
        ((Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Bomber Commander) or ((Unit-type of (Ordered unit)) Equal to Bomber Squad)
            Conditions
            Conditions
                (Issued order) Not equal to (Order("smart"))
                (Issued order) Not equal to (Order("attack"))
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                Set orderedgroup = (Units owned by Player 7 (Green) matching ((Custom value of (Matching unit)) Equal to (Custom value of (Ordered unit))))
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Bomber Commander) or ((Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Bomber Squad)
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Attack (Target unit of issued order)
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions
Lastly, we need a stop trigger, so here it is:
Code:
Stop bomber and commander
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    Conditions
            Conditions
            Conditions
                (Issued order) Not equal to (Order("stop"))
    Actions
            If - Conditions
            Then - Actions
                    Loop - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Stop
                            Else - Actions
            Else - Actions
Now, I also promised the ability to attach squad-specific commanders, so here's that trigger, first though you must create an ability called 'attach to squad' or something to that effect, have it deal zero damage and have it target allies, and here it is:
Code:
Bomber commander
    Events
        Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Bomber Squad
        (Unit-type of (Casting unit)) Equal to Bomber Commander
        (Ability being cast) Equal to Attach to squad (Archimonde)
    Actions
        Unit - Set the custom value of (Casting unit) to (Custom value of (Target unit of ability being cast))
        Unit - Change ownership of (Casting unit) to player[((Player number of (Owner of (Casting unit))) + 6)] and Change color
K now we have squad attaching, and orders, but we need one other trigger, to give an AI-controlled unit to the player if one of the commanders dies, and it can be done with this trigger:
Code:
update bomber
    Events
        Unit - A unit Dies
    Conditions
        (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Bomber Squad
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                (Owner of (Dying unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
            Then - Actions
                Set replacementgroup = (Units owned by Player 7 (Green) matching ((Custom value of (Dying unit)) Equal to (Custom value of (Matching unit))))
                    If - Conditions
                        (Number of units in replacementgroup) Greater than 0
                    Then - Actions
                        Unit Group - Pick every unit in replacementgroup and do (Actions)
                            Loop - Actions
                                    If - Conditions
                                        (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to (Unit-type of (Dying unit))
                                    Then - Actions
                                        Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
                                        Unit Group - Remove all units of replacementgroup from replacementgroup
                                        Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_replacementgroup)
                                        Skip remaining actions
                                    Else - Actions
                                            If - Conditions
                                                (Unit-type of (Picked unit)) Equal to Bomber Commander
                                            Then - Actions
                                                Unit - Change ownership of (Picked unit) to Player 1 (Red) and Change color
                                                Unit Group - Remove all units of replacementgroup from replacementgroup
                                                Custom script: call DestroyGroup (udg_replacementgroup)
                                                Skip remaining actions
                                            Else - Actions
                                                Set groupthatneedsvaluechange = (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Bomber Commander)
                                                Unit Group - Add all units of (Units owned by Player 1 (Red) of type Bomber Squad) to groupthatneedsvaluechange
                                                Unit Group - Add all units of (Units owned by Player 7 (Green) of type Bomber Squad) to groupthatneedsvaluechange
                                                Unit Group - Add all units of (Units owned by Player 7 (Green) of type Bomber Commander) to groupthatneedsvaluechange
                                                Unit Group - Pick every unit in groupthatneedsvaluechange and do (Actions)
                                                    Loop - Actions
                                                        Unit - Set the custom value of (Picked unit) to ((Custom value of (Picked unit)) - 1)
                    Else - Actions
            Else - Actions
K thats all the triggers, if you need any further explanation feel free to ask, although I won't be able to answer right away, since i must sleep now.

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've decided on a new alternative...

*Create units using mana points (Production Points)
*Mana Points are upgradable (More regeneration and capacity)
*Cooldown is used as the build time :p

and sorts sorts...

Sorry for the lost of time I've gotten you WolSHaman

Vicboy

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Heh, I'm gonna stop making this for a while till I get some new ideas..:grin:

Any suggestions :)

BlargIAmDead

Reaction score
Vic, just downloaded your map from the Hive. It crashed both times I tried to load it; the second time, something inside my computer went "fffft". Which can't be good.

Is anybody else having this problem? (The WCIII crash, not the "fffft", which to be fair is probably just an artifact of my computer dating from waaaay back in the 20th Century). If so, your map needs more work.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.