help with my pc plz

P

PROnewb

hey guys i couldent find a place to put this so um . . ye

anyway this may sound stuiped but do anyof you knowq how to put a computer together i mean i alredy got the cd roms power and prinmary/slav to the mother bord and the hard disk

what i need help with is well the lights in the pc dont relly need it generats to much heat for me to leave the pc on 24/7 anyways

but i need help with the fans i got 4 fans and then the cpu fan and they hook up into this nikao device with controlls the fans speed or w/e but do any of you know how to hook that um i can get the fans pluged into the back of it but how do i get power to it it needs a 3 plug for where it says pow but i dont see any

..once thats done maby u can help me with actualy getting it to run the case has these cords at the front and i dont know where they go ither they say . .hold on

orange n black one that says speaker its 3 pin i dont think i need that one tho becuse i got my own speakers i plug into back (think this is for the little headset jack that i never use)

red n white that says H.D.D led i think this gos into the back of the nikao device where it says H.D.D

then on that same wire with difrent outlets theres aa orange n whire power sw
green n white power led 3 pin

then theres these 2 gray skined hollow wires with2 things each theres
ucc 2 usb 2- usb 2+ then theres a 1 pined ground one on seconed one same this with ground insted of 2 its 1

and lastly theres this yellow and black cable with one of those 4 pin power supply type things but it has 2 pins plugging into this yellow blacck black red one that has a yellow black cable free (it has 2 mettle pins but its just like the 4 pined ones u use to plug into the cd roms for power)

ps thanks in advanced and sorry for the spelling

if you wona know how this happened well . .the net keept going on and off so i opened out took it apart to blow each pice of since theres no canned air in the house and well kinda forogt how it whent back to gether

at lest the 7 dust bunnys LIVEING in my pc got a new home in the garbige . . and i hooked up the new netword card just need the pc runnig to install it . . . . . . .

o ye if it helps any heres what my mother bord is nforce3-A ver1.0A

enouwee

Non ex transverso sed deorsum
Reaction score
This is a joke, right?

If it isn't, I hope you didn't remove the CPU or its heatsink, as you'll be pretty much stuck without fresh thermal grease you could re-apply.

Get your mainboard manual and check the assembly instructions, it'll cover:
  • where to plug the 3-pin fan connectors
  • the other little connectors (power button, reset, various LEDs, speaker)
  • all the other parts you removed ...

Or just call your (soon to be ex-)best pal over and ask him politely to put your mess together. More expensive variation: bring it to a computer shop. :rolleyes:

Rad

Reaction score
Computers are electronic, not mechanical. If you internet goes "on and off" blowing away dust will not fix it. In that case, its probrably caused by your ISP, Firewall, Antivirus etc. About the only mechanical error a computer will have would be from overheating, commonly caused by a fan getting clogged (especially in the power supply), or from overclocking... But usually this just causes your computer to reboot (most motherboards turn off to save the hardware from burning up)

The front of the PC wires go to a little piece on your motherboard with several pins (usually 12x2). It might have tiny labels (like Power LED, Speaker etc). You will need your motherboards manual in order to find where each color goes though. Thats where all of the miscellaneous wires you mentioned go.

You should probably do as enouwee says and just get one of your tech savvy friends to help you out.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.