how can i make a thick terrain

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
Interesting.

What cryheart wants to make is something like a ... have you tried Photoshop? There's a style called Bevel and Emboss ... I think he wants to make something like that. So that the Terrain looks like a block of chocolate in a bar. Am I wrong?

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
> Am I wrong?

Totally right.
Oh yes, and about the sleeping part in post #102, in case you were wondering, I woke up again (couldn't sleep).

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
> Am I wrong?

Totally right.
Oh yes, and about the sleeping part in post #102, in case you were wondering, I woke up again (couldn't sleep).
LOL.

Just lower the terrain using the Terrain Editor ... but you probably knew that already, right cryheart?

Guess I got a free post count then ...

Sirroelivan

Gunnerkrigg Court
Reaction score
If you look at the screenshot close enough, you see that the terrain irregularities normally shown in flat terrain are shown aswell. So it's just area outside of the camera bounds, but inside the map bounds. He probable created a custom camera and moved it using triggers, that is if the screenshot just hasn't been taken it the world editor...

I'm honestly quite amazed that this problem requires a seven page thread to solve.:p

Jolly chap*

Reaction score
The camera was one thing that was bamboozling me too. Oh well, that's a problem for another day and a free post count for me. :)

PrisonLove

Hard Realist
Reaction score
i have to say that was the most entertaining thread ive read on this site. phenominal performance cryheart, you make the most ignorant of fools seem intelligent.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
Sorry if this seems obvious or not, but isn't it where they increased the height of ALL terrain, then lowered it in some spots?

Ryuu

I am back with Chocolate (:
Reaction score
Nah. If you raised all of the terrain, the terrain will still look 'flat'. This is because Warcraft's terrain is never 3D. The only thing that made the map 3D was the units, cliff and height tools and the doodads and the items.

Other than that, it is completely illusional.
But you could fool someone with that.

Yes, you can.
By setting the camera from somewhere out of the camera bounds but still in the map bounds (as stated in some posts before me), you could make that illusionary effect.

It's really scary.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
The only RTS I ever saw with this mythical 'thick' terrain was Age of Mythology. How this thread carried on for about 23 pages is just insane. Just let this die in peace...

Rest In Peace
Here lies a long, pointless thread that was a failure ever since the beginning. We knew him for a long time, but it is at this moment that we lay him to rest. Born Friday, October 24th, 2008. Died Saturday, October 25th, 2008. May he serve the Creator forever in the afterlife, either that or be erased in some sort of website crash. If neither of those come to be true, may his ghost forever haunt the next person to post.​

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.