How To Integrate RtC With NewGen

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It doesn't mater because you still can't have a local function ...

koeienboei

Reaction score
Ah jeez, i said i did it your way, it doesnt word -.-

Yes im new to jass so it should be something thats easy to fix, but its not that im declaring the functions in a local function

koeienboei

Reaction score
Code:
native GetMouseTerrainy takes nothing returns real
native GetMouseTerrainX takes nothing returns real

scope Slam

function Conditions takes nothing returns boolean
    if ( not ( GetSpellAbilityId() == 'A005' ) ) then
        return false
    endif
    return true
endfunction

function Actions takes nothing returns nothing
    local real Agle = AngleBetweenPoints(GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()), Location(GetMouseTerrainX, GetMouseTerrainY))
    call SetUnitFacingToFaceLocTimed( GetTriggerUnit(), Location(GetMouseTerrainX, GetMouseTerrainY), 0 )
    call UnitDamagePointLoc( GetTriggerUnit(), 0, 50.00, PolarProjectionBJ(GetUnitLoc(GetTriggerUnit()), 50.00, Agle), 100, ATTACK_TYPE_NORMAL, DAMAGE_TYPE_NORMAL )
endfunction

//===========================================================================
function InitTrig_Slam takes nothing returns nothing
    local trigger Slam = CreateTrigger(  )
    call TriggerRegisterAnyUnitEventBJ( Slam, EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_SPELL_EFFECT )
    call TriggerAddCondition( Slam, Condition( function Conditions ) )
    call TriggerAddAction( Slam, function Actions )
endfunction

endscope

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
You have to add () after natives with no arguments (IE: [ljass]GetMouseTerrainX()[/Ljass])

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Of course not, if they were, no one would use RtC. Also,
edit.gif
use it.

koeienboei

Reaction score
How are the functions programmed in RtC? You should be able to make them yourself without RtC, just the same as RtC made them right?

I heard it RtC maps can only be played by people with RtC...

So if you are able to code these functions without RtC everyone can play the map:rolleyes:

Code:
Of course not, if they were, no one would use RtC.
I think everyone is just lazy to think of programming the functions themselfs and therefore uses RtC.

Also, edit use it.
I was asking a new question

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
How are the functions programmed in RtC? You should be able to make them yourself without RtC, just the same as RtC made them right?

So if you are able to code these functions without RtC everyone can play the map:rolleyes:

Code:
Of course not, if they were, no one would use RtC.
I think everyone is just lazy to think of programming the functions themselfs and therefore uses RtC.

I was asking a new question

Incorrect. You have to use RtC (or a hack similar to it) in order to ADD NATIVES.

Natives are made with C++ Code. You have to "hack" the game to add them and that is exactly what RtC does.

In any case, what you're saying is that a v2.0 game should be able to play with a v1.0 game. That's incorrect. It won't work.

Too lazy to think of programming the functions? Lololol.

Even in asking a new question, you don't double post. You edit. You only post if you're bumping.

In any case, I never intended this to be a FAQ thread on RtC. For the final time, I am NOT the creator of RtC... All questions should be directed to MindWorX who, IIRC, IS the creator of RtC.

SerraAvenger

Cuz I can
Reaction score
How are the functions programmed in RtC?
As DIY said, by hacking/modding the Wc3 engine.

The opposite is true. If you code those functions yourself, you create a new mod. Everyone who would want to play your maps would have to use your personal mod.
Which quite much means that no one could use your maps.

That's not the point.
Fact is that if you have RtC, you can play all maps that are created with a compatible RtC version.
If you use your own mod, everyone who wants to use your maps has to use exactly that mod and none else. And if some other guy creates a new mod, users would have to switch between those two mods. For five maps, it would already be five mods that have to be switched between every game.

RtC provides ONE MOD to RULE THEM ALL. This is called abstraction or standardization, and you'd better do it in any design you do - be it Game, Software, or any other Design.
It is similar to DRY - Don't *ucking repeat yourself.

Also take into consideration that no one should ever invent the wheel twice. It's just tedious and doesn't help anyone.

obama6493

Reaction score
There's no reason to NOT still work with WC3. It's still a great game. People will still play it. RtC is a great resource for people to make maps for people who still play it. I for one will not completely move to SC2.

I do agree that this will be awesome for the editor and would recomend people to get it but i for one cant wait for the new editor.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm moving this thread to the main WE Help forum and sticking it. Seems to be more of a quick guide to get up and running rather that a real full tutorial. But of course it is still useful, so I'll keep it here for a while. :)

It's been ... more than awhile. In fact, exactly a year and 3 days :)

Should this be moved to tutorials and resources or something?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.