I randomly drop from every game in TFT

S

Sandwichman

Hi, I'm new to the forum and would love if any of you could help me figure out what is wrong with TFT!

The Problem:banghead: : Just over a week ago, I started having this problem. When I host games, (dota usually) everyone will lag out within the first 30 seconds. Also when I join other peoples custom games, I will lag out myself. When this happens, everything stops on my screen, I get the "waiting for host" and can still see and respond to chat in game. After the 30-40 seconds it takes for me to lag out, I get disconnected. I am then returned to my channel without actually being disconnected from Bnet. This seems to occur randomly, most drops are around 40-45 minutes in with no lag or indication.

Things I have tried...
Reinstalling
Bypassing my Linkseys router
Selective Startup
Different Realms

I have also trolled the Blizzard wc3 support forum. A few people posted about what I have, but haven't got any worthwhile answers or solutions (Go figure :banghead: ).

I have played wc3 on and off for the last two years and haven't had any problems with it untill now. All of my ports are correctly forwarded as they have worked fine in the past.

Thanks for reading :) .

S

Sandwichman

I'll contact my isp later, thx Chocobo. But is there a specific topic I should inquire about?

S

sokola

Sounds like exactly the same problem I've been having for a while now: disconnect from DOTA games just as you described and if I host most people d/c within first 30 seconds or so. Tried with and without router, firewall, clean install, etc. A friend of mine has the same problem. I play out of Ontario, Canada. ISP is Roger's high speed(extreme): the tech support said its not on their end(not that I expected anything useful or necessarily believe him). I have yet to try the game with a different ISP, location or CD-key. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

S

Sandwichman

Sounds like exactly the same problem I've been having for a while now: disconnect from DOTA games just as you described and if I host most people d/c within first 30 seconds or so. Tried with and without router, firewall, clean install, etc. A friend of mine has the same problem. I play out of Ontario, Canada. ISP is Roger's high speed(extreme): the tech support said its not on their end(not that I expected anything useful or necessarily believe him). I have yet to try the game with a different ISP, location or CD-key. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated!

Believe it or not, I'm from Ontario and also have Rogers Highspeed... I contacted them today and they said everything was fine on their end. I just got dropped from a dota game 16 mins and 44 seconds in with NO LAG whatsoever untill that point.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

S

Sandwichman

Btw, about when did you start having the problem? Mine started last week. Perhaps we can help each other figure out what caused it.

S

Sandwichman

I just don't get how an ISP can mess up one particular game. I play WoW and Zero Hour too without any issues :( .

S

sokola

I've been having this problem for at least a month. The tech I talked to said my modem was connected for several days(hasn't been disconnected) and it seems that he didn't really dig any deeper (prob checked if any downtime in my area as well). Told him I'd tried w/o a router or firewall which is apparently the extent of their advice. He told me that I should contact blizzard or bnet as it's probably their fault. I might try calling the support randomly to see if I can find anyone that'll help. Don't really have any idea what started this.. hence our problem ;S. I was hosting, and playing in games that I didn't host perfectly fine. Lag depended on host or whether I was uploading/downloading at the time. Thought maybe it was the newest version of the banlist program I use(which I've never had a prob w/) but I find no appreciable difference in d/c's or hosting ability. Xfire(an Instant Messaging program) that I used from time to time seemed to be hogging a lot of resources so I stopped using it as well with no appreciable improvement. My comp was formatted maybe 5-6 months ago and it's been running Kaspersky Internet Security with automatic updates so it's pretty clean. Necessary router ports are open. I'm attaching a dxdiag log if you want to check for any consistency in hardware/software between us.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    43.5 KB · Views: 293
D

danewfie

I think i'll join in on this. I also have this problem. And i also live in Ont. Canada with the same ISP.

I dont really understand this because it only affects the one game. I've talked with tech support but with no help. They've asked me to talk with blizzard. So i did ... they tell me to talk to ISP. So i do .. and now waiting a reply. As they said they'd get back to me.

After a bit of research i've concluded that Rogers has recently implemented a packet sniffer or something along those lines. And or a connection limiter. But i dont see anything about how that works.

I think it may be possible that they are disconnecting the users on their end with their new software. Looking for answers and getting none ;p

S

Sandwichman

I agree that the problem is most likely on Rogers end. Come to think about it, my tv has been randomly screeching now and then on low channels for the last two months and they still havent fixed THAT. If there were any other decent isps in my area, I would of dropped them by now =/

Oh, and I'll take a look at the file when I get home.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
I can only think of a few reasons other than ones you've tried.

I'd search your modems on google and see if that type of modem is giving other people problems. If so, then ask your ISP for another type of modem.

Only other thing i can think of is some type of software you put on your computer in the last week. Such as a firewall or virus scanner could cause this.

S

Sandwichman

I got somekind of windows update a week or two ago which included ie7, but other than that, I dunno what was in it. Is there a way I can review what else that annoying downloader put on my computer?

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
I believe microsoft now has a previous downloads page that you can go to after it scans your computer.

R

RaZoRCeLL

Meh. A friend directed me to this site, because I too, have the same problem.

I live in Georgia, and use Mediacom, so I don't think the problem lies with Roger's High Speed.

I play Guild Wars, Quake, Battlefield 2, and Starcraft fine. Heck, I can remain logged on all day, only being disconnected if the server goes down. I only have this problem in TFT though. Mine usually occurs 25-30 minutes ingame, although sometimes sooner, or a bit later. I used to have no troubles(as such, managed to work my way up to a TDA moderator for the Ban Section on their forums, where, shortly afterwards, I started having this problem. I then took a 5 month break(GW exclusively), and recently upgraded my entire computer hardware. And figured I'd try Wc3 again. But to no avail, same problem. Its happened 4 times today, 2 times yesterday. I have yet to play any inhouses or TDA games, due to the likelyhood of disconnecting.

But surely, something has to be causing this. It may, or may not be ISP/Modem, and if its truely such a widespread occurance, battlenet would have a Support section just for this. But meh...I don't know...quite lame when you have just farmed a ton of gold, and headed to spawn to shop when you get "You have been Disconnected".

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
Most people never have the problem of lagging out randomly during a game. Here's a few things i'd suggest to do:

1. Upgrade the firmware on your router.
2. Disable any firewalls on your comp, then play a game and see if you lag out.
3. Did you port forward port 6112 on all firewalls?

D

danewfie

I might have to blame it on the modem itself simply because when using a different ISP everything is fine. Altho everything was fine the modem aswell. IF you get a chance try switching your ISP.

Without changing system setup just the ISP (which means a new modem) everything works fine. I"m gonna do some trouble shooting on my modem.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.