If you were this site's admin for 24 hours...

G

g1real

I would implement a shop system so you can buy coloured names, custom avatars, custom titles.. extra addons (special effects =)), extra smileys. And make a whole combat system behind this forum to earn the gold >=)

Also ofc, a bank!

I would also assign 2/3 ppl to keep the damned spam to get more gold to a limit, probably >=)

I would also give myself the agony of agony spell (Dungeon Siege, anyone knows?) which allows me to cause such a massive pain to the user, he would be in the agony of an agony.

Master

Thou shall be helped by...The Black Adder!
Reaction score
these posts you guys (and girl Chocobo) make are each individual representing your character...did you notice that?

Corleone

Reaction score
Each and every moderator/administrator has shown a huge amount of maturity, judgment, and overall brains.

[SUCK_UP] Quite true. The World Editor Help section is crawling with strange creatures called noobs, so it takes a lot of patience to not lose your temper. [/SUCK_UP]

If I'd be made an admin, I probably wouldn't change anything. I like the forums the way they are. :eek:

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
Hmm... If I ran TH (since the "if you were an admin" part doesn't apply to me) I would actually turn off rep for members and probably reset everyone to 0. Mods and Admins would then be in charge of repping helpers and such and the rep flood control would be taken off.

Signatures galore! I like signatures and I think members would be able to handle text-only signatures with a character limit. Pic sigs for people with X+ amount of rep.

Custom titles for all! We do this on GH.com where if you post 100 posts, you go up a ranking. Then your custom title is automatically activated and you can use it/change it, etc. etc.

I'd probably change the direction of the site, but that's because I'm not TH. TH is older and knows a lot more about technical support and business than I do. I'm more into art, writing, etc. etc.

Basically, I'd probably make it more like GH.com. So it'd be a waste for me to run this site when I already run GH.com :D

Andrewgosu

The Silent Pandaren Helper
Reaction score
these posts you guys (and girl Chocobo) make are each individual representing your character...did you notice that?

You know, I am actually a naked chimp behind a computer, eating banana and scratching my head and occasionally helping people at here, thehelper.net.
The fact I can read, write and socially interact makes me wonder, everyday (Because I am a chimpanse).:D

Now, to be serious, I agree with Seth on the repute thing.

Zakyath

Reaction score
I would set every members rep to -1. Just because I wasn't allowed to be it for 48 hours. Ha.

Pineapple

Just Smile.
Reaction score
The fact I can read, write and socially interact makes me wonder, everyday (Because I am a chimpanse).:D

Same thing! But for me its becuase I'm a pineapple.:D

First i would make a rule that allows members to flame noobs (the people who ask "how cna R me chage mix hero lveel¿:confused: " Because I just hate them soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.)

Then i would let mods and up call dumb ass's dumb ass's.

I would give signatures to some people, but they can't change it so if the person is a noob i plue "please don't be mad, i just suck... in both ways.;) "

I would ban the next person to post."

And i would make a rule against chat speak (u, r, etc..).

Oh and every 10th of the month everyone must plus rep me so I don't cut them over the internet.

-------------

Yea, i really think my ideas will help improve TH...:rolleyes:

InfectedWithDrew

I used to go here a lot.
Reaction score
Pineapple said:
Yea, i really think my ideas will help improve TH...
Whatever helps you sleep at night.

Well, the first things I would do is remove users who haven't logged on in over a year.

Then, I'd allow sigs.

Then, I'd start randomly deleting posts, according to my whims.

Lord_Phoenix

Dogs are fuzzy
Reaction score
I would make the entire posting system into a game.

a person would start with 1000 hp.

A persons post to the reply would do damage based on how long their post is, minus spelling/grammar mistakes.

If the post kills the thread starter, that person gets 200*level+(current level*100)g and a defined amount of 400*(level*2) XP

The thread starter's HP would restart at 1000, and you have one less level.

Levels would give you bonus HP, and a level up in a chosen ability.

Abilities would be bought with gold.

Anything that would be considered off topic or spam would result in the posters level and everything being reset.

The thread poster gets +30 hp every day their thread goes unanswered. Also, the starting post would add one armor per word. Other posts would have their post's damage minus the armor.

Locked threads would result in a reset in all players accounts (or whoever made the thread become locked)

Now if this could work... XD And it would be impossible, everyone would bicker about it, but it might've been fun...

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score
> I would actually turn off rep for members and probably reset everyone to 0.
> Mods and Admins would then be in charge of repping helpers and such and the rep flood control would be taken off.
Yay! Seth for the admin!
Damn he already is...oh well... :p

Well the only thing worth changing is the registration process, as a matter of fact I'd add one thing...
Every new member should be forced to watch the below for 30 minutes at least before being able to post. :p
search.gif

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
I have an even better one :p
61c3ebeb.gif

I didn't make it though

Tom Jones

N/A
Reaction score
Make newcomers read the rules of a section the first time they enter one.
DISABLE THE BLASTED BRICK BANGING SMILEY!
Make people pay bitterly and utterly for using sarcasm in the manner of text.
Force SFilip to take that freaking red hat on his avatar off!
Bring back the link to World Editor Help Zone in the site navigation menu.
Add a FAQ to the World Editor Help Zone.
Make all users of TH praise me as the only Divinity. Then i'll make them march each 5'th of november in respect of their deity, and to recruit new members to a allready growing religion. The march should include dancing, music, and prayers.

King TonGoll

ORLY?*DDR*
Reaction score
If I was a admin for that long, I would find my first animation on flash. that I had posted in Jindos Winky avatar thread * i cannot seem to locate this thread anywhere.* and I would get it back.

I am so angry that I can't find it.

It was the one where Smurf Winky pulled a sword out of his pants and then *By mistake* cut of his "wii".

I know it was on the second page of the thread and the third comment. right after that Halo_king had posted after me.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
You know, I am actually a naked chimp behind a computer, eating banana and scratching my head and occasionally helping people at here, thehelper.net.

Now, to be serious, I agree with Seth on the repute thing.

An overdriving chimapanse eating bananas while writing with the feets on the computer. :p

But : http://www.geocities.com/shykittenco/search.gif rules. :p

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.