Importing WoW models into Warcraft 3...

Marsmallos

Reaction score
...is it possible? I would really like to import the boss-models from Zul'Aman (Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass and Zul'jin) to use for custom units in the campaign editor.

What programs should I use?
Is there any .m2 (or whatever formats wow uses) to .mdx or .mdl (dunno the difference) converter out there?

Sajberhippie

Reaction score
...is it possible? I would really like to import the boss-models from Zul'Aman (Nalorakk, Akil'zon, Jan'alai, Halazzi, Hex Lord Malacrass and Zul'jin) to use for custom units in the campaign editor.

What programs should I use?
Is there any .m2 (or whatever formats wow uses) to .mdx or .mdl (dunno the difference) converter out there?

Theoretically it would be possible, yes. However I think that would be illegal, and if that's the case, I don't think we should talk about it here.

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
I'll be forever waiting for someone to make a single player campaign with all those wow models *drools* :)

PiCkstix

Reaction score
You could always download WoW impersonated models or request them somewhere... That would be seen as "legal" as it wasn't made by WoW.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Where can I request this?^^

I'll be forever waiting for someone to make a single player campaign with all those wow models *drools*

It's something like that I have in mind :p if it's possible of course

Marsmallos

Reaction score
like:
Model request:
I need warcraft 3 versions of the boss models in world of warcraft:
and then a list of the names of the bosses or...?

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
Theres not many modelers that make completly new models here, besides SFX models, i havent seen any. I wouldnt mind making some WoW-esque skins for you though. Like skinning kael to look like WoW kael, either way good luck.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Hiveworkshop.com, go through there. Some skins and models are there that look like they're from World of Warcraft.

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
This place MIGHT have a few, its russian, just look at the pictures.

EDIT - Removed link because im sure this is breaking a rule. Look at below post for the link.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
ThankyouthankyouthankyouTHANKYOU! Though I havent browsed through, and though i havent found the boss models I need, I found LOTS of other things I really needed! /hug

The skins you get, do you need to apply them to the models, and how do you do that so it gets right in that case?

FireEffect

Gasp!
Reaction score
It would be skins for the normal warcraft models, so the animations would be the same, but the person can be completly different, i havent found any boss models on xgm, unless the crypt lord is a boss. If you need one just ask me. Ill try to do it.

tom_mai78101

The Helper Connoisseur / Ex-MineCraft Host
Staff member
Reaction score
No other way except being illegal.

It is stated right in the Terms of Agreement. Either you abide that, or abuse that and go to jail. It's your call.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.