Importing WoW models into Warcraft 3...

konerboy

Run piggy Run!
Reaction score
i havn't seen any wow models on B.net, maybe they make the maps un-playable? or something like that.

Marsmallos

Reaction score
So you havent tried MC (molten core, old WoW raid) on B.net then... Ragnaros and Core hounds and the snake like mobs I cant remember what they are called do all look strikingly similar to the wow ones in terms of animation and looks

Darkenneko

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
So you havent tried MC (molten core, old WoW raid) on B.net then... Ragnaros and Core hounds and the snake like mobs I cant remember what they are called do all look strikingly similar to the wow ones in terms of animation and looks

Theres a reason no WoW models on B.net.
Its ILLEGAL Morons, I have all the WoW models on my computer, its easy to extract them.
But once again its Illegal, Not only are they Huge and have many unwanted animations, Its immoral to have them and sites like The Hive Workshop does not support them.
If you want to make a Campaign with them. Don't expect a lot of Encouragement.
WoW Model Users = Noobs/Fail.
-Calvin

bananaHUNT

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
What are the chances of Blizzard coming after you?
Your map would have to be very famous (DotA-like) and if you don't put credits in your map, how are they going to trace it?
Anyways i think they look very cool and would love to play a single player (that sorts the filesize) RPG. I don't get what immoral is (xD sorry) but its stupide to say wow model user = noob, because it can be very beautiful for a map :D

Marsmallos

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Marsmallos View Post

But there ARE. Read what I wrote again... I played (and of course, automaticly downloaded) a MC raiding map this very week, with the above mentioned models.

berwind24

Reaction score
No other way except being illegal.

It is stated right in the Terms of Agreement. Either you abide that, or abuse that and go to jail. It's your call.

Its ILLEGAL Morons, I have all the WoW models on my computer, its easy to extract them.
But once again its Illegal, Not only are they Huge and have many unwanted animations, Its immoral to have them and sites like The Hive Workshop does not support them.
If you want to make a Campaign with them. Don't expect a lot of Encouragement.
WoW Model Users = Noobs/Fail.
-Calvin

Theoretically it would be possible, yes. However I think that would be illegal, and if that's the case, I don't think we should talk about it here.

actually the game company encourages this kind of thing with warcraft 3. as long as you're only messing with stuff in the map editor.

you may have to go into the WoW game files but your not actually changing anything so its not against the terms of use.

i know its an old post but comments like these have been bothering me since its not illegal

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Your first post on TH and you necro an almost-year-old thread? Lol? There are several threads like this. If someone wants to know about importing wow models, they can just do a search or simply ask. There are lots of websites besides this one where info like this can be found.

FannyShaver

Reaction score
Must say few words about WOW models. I some time ago downloaded WoW dreadlord model. These ones are bugged (least this one was) - if casting animation was interrupted (download and see yourself - only casting) with anything, stun, entangling roots etc game used to end up with critical error, so well, be careful.

Em'rak

Reaction score
Protip: You won't go to jail for using a model from WoW. It's not illegal. (Read: not)
If you sold your map OR the models, however...

They CAN, however (Read: can) ban you from their services. However they are not law. You agreeing to the EULA and ToU/S doesn't mean they have legal power over you. I guess, in some cases it could be seen as a copyright infringement.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
First of all, please stop ress'ing a year old thread. Secondly, no it is not illegal nor unethical to use WoW models in Wc3, as long as it is for personal and not business (profit) use. I spoke with a Blizz rep on this exact topic about a year ago. He referred me to their Terms of Service Use agreement, which states what I just said.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.