Magic Wars! Helpers needed

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Sorry. You always catch me RIGHT as I leave. And I always come back right as you sign off. :/ Anywho, Sorry. I've not been working on anything. My first spell was never completed. I was busy working on EGUI :D

THE_X

Reaction score
lol, Sevion, can you tell me what your doing to make the spells, like are they mui/mpi and il get with you and we can brainstorm, cool? right now im working on a spell (ball of doom) a ball that bounces off destrucables and units, if comes into contact with an enemy unit it will knock it back and posion it

THE_X

Reaction score
naw im just gonna let it go over hills n such im just gonna have it bouce off objects

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I completed a simple yet very nice spell. It's called Hasten. What it does is you launch a small projectile (Flask filled with hastening drugs but deal damage to the target) that will increase attack and movement speed by 50|60|70%. You can target allies and enemies alike. What uses? You can use as defense. Use on your allies while they're near a healing place! Increase attack speed with no/little penalty! Use as offense. Use on enemy heroes. They'll think you're stupid. Then go OMG WTF MY HP! IT'S TOO LOW! *Run to base but dies before he gets there*.

More to come!

BTW: Total triggers: 1. (Init. Creates your hero and creeps.)

It's just based off Acid Bomb with modified fields. Uses no imports. Easy to make.

Simple, but deadly.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
Lol I'm trying to keep my spells balanced :p Though. I don't know of what scale to balance them on.

THE_X

Reaction score
well you gotta think about the damage, effects, the eye candy has nothing to do with imba'ness, kinda get it from dota spells whats imba and whats not.

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
well you gotta think about the damage, effects, the eye candy has nothing to do with imba'ness, kinda get it from dota spells whats imba and whats not.

What I think of balancing is: Destructive Force and Average Creep Life and Average Hero Life. Usually, if it's not an ultimate or some other huge spell, I try to cut down on the effects.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
well im using average hero health and attack so just balance it around that ok?
we will worry about the editing process after we get a beta or demo out ok?

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
well im using average hero health and attack so just balance it around that ok?
we will worry about the editing process after we get a beta or demo out ok?

Yes, yes. Just try to get it relatively balanced. We don't need a spell that does chain damage like 100000k damage and reduces 1% damage every jump and jumps until there is 0 damage left :p

THE_X

Reaction score
ok so i need like 3 more ability ideas for a dark/posion hero i have that ball ability thing, it posions and knockbacks the enemy units it hits, but i need 2 normals and 1 ulty

Sevion

The DIY Ninja
Reaction score
I may not be able to do anything. I'm stocked up with stuff to do for EGUI and I'm learning C++.

I'll try to see if I can squeeze something in for you.

XxShadyxX

I abused the rep system.
Reaction score
thex
um the 2 heros...
they arent really element based.... well the lumberjack is kinda with the fire but... unless we have another "race" of Normal type if we do this we have to do it for the spells also

THE_X

Reaction score
why cant we have support heroes as well as the elemental heroes? i thought it would make it more fun

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.