Need Item Ideas

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Im making what I guess is a 3 player survival horror, its not the type of survival where you fight off mass hordes of enemies, there actually isn’t any combat at all required to win, the way you beat it is from solving clues and tricks to get items and hints on what to do next.

Even though there is no combat needed there is monsters that attack you even the final boss will have killer attacks but there’s an item and trick to kill him too without more combat then luring him.

Anyway it’s a real big map and its boring to have the same repetitive items everywhere across it, most items have been quest/hint related so I want some more useful items to help the players survive. The map is in modern times but the location is a old town probably built in 1800s around, so almost any item type would work

Here is a list of items I should mention I already have:
  • Lantern - Creates a glow around the player (Its very dark game, it helps its scary factor) and protects the player from nightcrawler attacks
  • Fish - Food, heals 100hp (players have 350 hps)
  • Running Shoes - Increases speed of the players unit by 10%
  • Mask of death - Item used for tanking last boss, adds 2000 str (50000 Life)

Go ahead and suggest a idea for the game to go along with the item.

by the way a nightcrawler is just a short super fast creature that randomly goes around certian parts of the map, not very much of them unless you start attacking there eggs, they attack you if they see you, after they attack you once, they run away again no matter what so they dont get damaged back. they get annoying but its part of the gameplay :p

If you want to know anything more about the map just ask.

SarChasm

Reaction score
Flare - Temporarily lights up an area on the map for X seconds.
Dummy - Set up a dummy that monsters will attack while you quietly sneak away (wind walk)
Bait - Attracts all monsters in an AoE to the bait, causing them to feed on it, effectively distracting them until the bait is eaten up. Better get out fast as soon as you place it though.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Flare - Temporarily lights up an area on the map for X seconds.
Dummy - Set up a dummy that monsters will attack while you quietly sneak away (wind walk)
Bait - Attracts all monsters in an AoE to the bait, causing them to feed on it, effectively distracting them until the bait is eaten up. Better get out fast as soon as you place it though.

I like the bait and flare idea especially, thanks for the suggestions +R

SarChasm

Reaction score
One more:

Trap - Immobilizes a single pursuing monster for X seconds, allowing you to escape.

Don

Rise with the Fallens!
Reaction score
Accoustic: Increases your capacity to ear environmental sounds, giving you 10% chance to hear a nightcrawler and scare him away with a gun shot, close to him (need to be triggered).
Oil: Cover yourself with oil, making you practically invisible, giving Nightcrawler 15% chance to miss.
Shield: 10% chance to block a Nightcrawler attack and knockback as he's stunned by his miss!

Mostly to counter Nightcrawlers

sentrywiz

Reaction score
my idea

Torch - This should be a strong item since in a dark room if you light a torch you could see nearly anything so when this item is in the player's control you could put a torch on a ground or plant it on the unit itself.

Light Shield - A shield that could counter one or few nightcrawler attacks.

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Torch - This should be a strong item since in a dark room if you light a torch you could see nearly anything so when this item is in the player's control you could put a torch on a ground or plant it on the unit itself.

Light Shield - A shield that could counter one or few nightcrawler attacks.
Torch seems pointless as i have lantern, and fog effects stop most sight (camera also locked onto unit)
but i like the shield idea, shield that wears out :p thanks

Accoustic: Increases your capacity to ear environmental sounds, giving you 10% chance to hear a nightcrawler and scare him away with a gun shot, close to him (need to be triggered).
Oil: Cover yourself with oil, making you practically invisible, giving Nightcrawler 15% chance to miss.
Shield: 10% chance to block a Nightcrawler attack and knockback as he's stunned by his miss!

Mostly to counter Nightcrawlers
like them all especially Accoustic, thanks!

jonadrian619

-___-
Reaction score
Glass Shard
- Picked from the ground, this sharp glass shard is thrown at a Nightcrawler to deal 50 damage and immobilize him for 3 seconds, giving you a chance to escape.

Thumb Tacks Trap
- The user throws a cluster of spikes/thumb tacks in an area, where the Nightcrawlers step in and take damage and reduce their movement speed.

Water/Gatorade
- After a long pursuit, the users need some drink to get rehydrated. When drunk, temporarily increases their movement speed and heals 50 HP.

Grapple Hook Trap
- Throws a hook at a target doodad and then the user grapples on to the rope to make it more rigid. Any incoming Nightcrawler will get caught in the ropes and make them slip to the floor.

Gloves
- Gloves for hand protection. Increases armor by 5.

yeglasses
- Increases the sight range of the player.

I don't have better ideas for this one.. Hope these helped!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Genkora

Frog blast the vent core!
Reaction score
The Red Key
opens the red door. You could also have the blue key or the green key. Obtaining these keys could be like, sticking your hand into a skull or reaching into a dark hole in the wall or something. Can't say it's creative but it could give some comic value to balance the mood just a little.

Psiblade94122

In need of sleep
Reaction score
Night Crawler's Heart: If you obtained this item, you are playing the game wrong. This game never intended you to actualy combat a Night Crawler. (drops from Night Crawler) (used in bonus quest where the game maker scolds the players) <bonus quest auto compleats after aquireing the item>

Acolite's Knife: Use on a living target to sacrifice the target. Warning, keep out of reach of team killers. (part of a puzzle that reqires a sacrifice, if the sac is a player then the player will respawn at the end of the puzzle)

Blood in a sac: Obtained from the sacrifice. If attacked the blood will spill and you must sacrifice another person.

Fruit of Life: Grants the user imortality. Instant Reincarnation after death. This is the alternitive method for tanking the last boss. (Secret, obtaining it is equaly as hard as obtaining the mask of death)

Vault 101 Jump Suit: A dusty Jump suit, is blue and is labled vault 101 on the back. Its supriseingly flexable and light! Increases running speed by 5%!

Food?: Eat? Yes / No |n Use Item to answer "Yes". (holds a key item, but consumer looses hp, can potentally kill the consumer)

Back Scratcher: Aleviates itches on the back. This is a permanate item. (itchy backs make you run slower and will sometimes distract the person affected <mini stun>)

Mp3 Player: Disables night crawler sounds and plays music instead. Will also increase movement speed by 15%.

Energizer Battaries: Provides power to your eletrical equipment, the stack on this item represents the battary life remaining.

Drained energizer battaries: Junk, chuck it at a night crawler for a 1 second stun! (Obtained by letting the energizer battarie's stock reach 0)

Axe: Gives you a 100% chance for 0x Crit damage. (Used for a puzzle involveing the players to deal 0 damage)

Plate of Curry?: Unknown if its fake or real, try to eat it? Yes / No |nUse item to answer "Yes". (what it really is, is up to you)

Chewbalka

Reaction score
Glass Shard
- Picked from the ground, this sharp glass shard is thrown at a Nightcrawler to deal 50 damage and immobilize him for 3 seconds, giving you a chance to escape.

Thumb Tacks Trap
- The user throws a cluster of spikes/thumb tacks in an area, where the Nightcrawlers step in and take damage and reduce their movement speed.

Water/Gatorade
- After a long pursuit, the users need some drink to get rehydrated. When drunk, temporarily increases their movement speed and heals 50 HP.

Grapple Hook Trap
- Throws a hook at a target doodad and then the user grapples on to the rope to make it more rigid. Any incoming Nightcrawler will get caught in the ropes and make them slip to the floor.

Gloves
- Gloves for hand protection. Increases armor by 5.

yeglasses
- Increases the sight range of the player.

I don't have better ideas for this one.. Hope these helped!

-- Umaku iku yō ni -|- jonadrian619 --​

Like the ideas but i have a question, how would i create the grappeling hook item? creating special effects plus having the effect of the item to happen correctly in the right place could be troublesome, got a suggestion?

Defently added a few of them

The Red Key
opens the red door. You could also have the blue key or the green key. Obtaining these keys could be like, sticking your hand into a skull or reaching into a dark hole in the wall or something. Can't say it's creative but it could give some comic value to balance the mood just a little.

Ironicly i already got a red key, quite a bit of keys even some orbs you need to find (Goodluck lol) which later explode to create the mask of death :p theres a few dark dark holes players will have to enter also :)

Psiblade's ideas
Night Crawler's Heart: If you obtained this item, you are playing the game wrong. This game never intended you to actualy combat a Night Crawler. (drops from Night Crawler) (used in bonus quest where the game maker scolds the players) <bonus quest auto compleats after aquireing the item>
Allthough some nigh crawlers will die from player set traps such as heat vents i like the item idea, maybe it would be a neat item to use at the end for some extra power up or immunity for something :p

Acolite's Knife: Use on a living target to sacrifice the target. Warning, keep out of reach of team killers. (part of a puzzle that reqires a sacrifice, if the sac is a player then the player will respawn at the end of the puzzle)

Blood in a sac: Obtained from the sacrifice. If attacked the blood will spill and you must sacrifice another person.
I like the idea entierly, and i know just the person that the players will be able to sacrifice :)

Fruit of Life: Grants the user imortality. Instant Reincarnation after death. This is the alternitive method for tanking the last boss. (Secret, obtaining it is equaly as hard as obtaining the mask of death)

Food?: Eat? Yes / No |n Use Item to answer "Yes". (holds a key item, but consumer looses hp, can potentally kill the consumer)

Plate of Curry?: Unknown if its fake or real, try to eat it? Yes / No |nUse item to answer "Yes". (what it really is, is up to you)
intresting ideasbut unsure if ill use them. (fruit of life possibly)

Mp3 Player: Disables night crawler sounds and plays music instead. Will also increase movement speed by 15%.
Lol good idea but i experianced 3 night crawlers coming close to the guy once before and i dont think music would sound so good replaying 3 times (or overlapping) plus mp3 player would just make it harder to here them really.

Energizer Battaries: Provides power to your eletrical equipment, the stack on this item represents the battary life remaining.

Drained energizer battaries: Junk, chuck it at a night crawler for a 1 second stun! (Obtained by letting the energizer battarie's stock reach 0)
So far there hasent been any electrical equipment but i like the idea

Thanks +r all

mapguy

Reaction score
hunting chains:

locks the target for up to 3 seconds by a way the target can't move far then 400 range from you.

like:

O--------X
O-----------X
O-----------X!
O-----------X fuck, I can't move more than it!
O--- --X YEAHA! the effect has ended!
O X I'm free!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.