Need uncorrupted War3.mpq

Scam_ent

Reaction score
My first attempt at skinning failed dismally. I corrupted my War3.mpq file!

Could someone plz plz plz (plz) send me a copy of their unedited one? pretty plz?

Either attach it here, or email it to [email protected]

Thanx in advance...

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
1) War3.mpq is on the war3 cd, so you could copy it from there (if you had bought the game).

2) war3.mpq is over 400mb in size, and so it is out of the question sending it by email.

Find whatever archive/image you got the game from, and try re-installing it. How do you actually know it's corrupted? What happened that corrupted it?

btw, about the skinning thing, I'm getting the impression that it can only be done with paintshop pro, because of the alpha channels thing.

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Coz the skin doesn't show up, lol...
Don't have the cd....
hmmm....i'll see what Kazzaa can do....
or if someone could send me Units/Critters/HighElfPeasant/HighElfPeasant.blp that'd be great (that's the only file that doesn't work)

Shoulda just said that from the start...

Cam

Rapmaster

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Scam_ent
Coz the skin doesn't show up, lol...
Don't have the cd....
hmmm....i'll see what Kazzaa can do....
or if someone could send me Units/Critters/HighElfPeasant/HighElfPeasant.blp that'd be great (that's the only file that doesn't work)

Shoulda just said that from the start...

Cam

Whatever crimes you commit is your business but I'm going to ask you to stay away from the topic of software piracy, on this forum. (i.e. asking people to send you files)

Scam_ent

Reaction score
Sorry man, thanks for the warning!:eek:

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The most likely reason for your skin not showing up is not due to a corrupted war3.mpq, but because of the destruction of the 'alpha channels' of the skin.

Like I was saying above, PSP seems to be the only prog that can handle the channels. I tried using another program myself, and sure enough, the unit was close to completely black in the game.

If you're looking for that particular "HighElfPeasant" skin, what is stopping you from extracting it again from war3.mpq?

Scam_ent

Reaction score
I used PSP...
And I was an idiot and inserted the file back into war3.mpq, so the file is permanently stuffed.

The wierd thing is, in Warcraft III viewer, the unit shows up with the variations i did, only with a head about 2 sizes too big... :rolleyes: :(

O, and the skinning tutorials all seem to reccommend Photoedit as the program to use. I don't have that though...

Cam

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
If you look at the tutorial on alpha channels, they explain it using PSP as the editing tool.

Do you have a money issue? war3 is a bit cheaper now, I think its 60-70 dollars.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.