rescue problem

U

Unregistered

I'm working on a two player vs AI map, in which the players can rescue units along the way. My problem is that only Player 1 one can rescue units, Player 2 cannot. I have both players and the resucable units on the same force, all allied. I even tried making two separate rescuable armies and puting them in same force as the players, but it didn't work. This is my first map, so any help would be great.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
are the rescuable units controlled by neutral passive? I'm not sure if its necessary to stick them in the same force or not.

U

Unregistered

The rescuable armies are made of orc units. They are listed as rescuable under the player properties menu. Will making them neutral passive solve my problem? If so, how do I do this. After all, I have to select a race for the rescuable units in the the player properties menu.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
if the units are pre-placed, double click them and change their owner to neutral passive.

U

Unregistered

Ok. I tried switching the units to neutral passive, but now neither player can rescue the units.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
k I'll see if I can work through this myself in the editor, and get back to you soon.

U

Unregistered

Darg, thanks for your help. I'm a newb to mapmaking, so I assumed that simply making units rescuable in the Player Properties menu would do the trick. The default rescue is for Player 1 only.

I solved the problem by using the trigger editor to make rescue actions specific for each player.

Again, thanks. I plan to register before my next post.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
Cool, nice to hear, its a pity though about what you have discovered with setting recuable units. it would be nice to do it without resorting to triggers, since maps can technically still be considered melee maps if u did it like that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.