Settings: Ally Color Modes

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Ingame, there are three Ally Color modes. Ally Color Modes are the individual settings a player has which displays players at different colors.
It can be changed by pressing an icon to the right of the minimap or pressing ALT+A.
These are the modes, quoted directly from the game:

Mode 1: All units use Player Colors.
Mode 2: Minimap colors displays Allies (As teal) and Enemies (As red).
Mode 3: As Mode 2 and Gameworld Colors display You (As blue), Allies (As teal) and Enemies (As red).

My question is: Is it possible to detect which of these settings a player has, or when a player changes them?

crazyfanatic

Reaction score
As much as i know, no. But you can try different triggers, maybe ive seen somthing like Player-Toggle..., but not sure.

BlueMirage

Trust, but doubt.
Reaction score
Well, I kinda assumed you wouldn't be able to check exactly when a player switches, but wouldn't it be possible with If/Then/Else conditions or something.
What's important here is if it is possible to do. It doesn't have to run smoothly, and it doesn't even have to be GUI. I'm not requesting code either.

Weep

Godspeed to the sound of the pounding
Reaction score
The integer Game - Ally Color Filter Setting (JASS: GetAllyColorFilterState()) will return 0, 1, or 2 depending on the current ally filter state. A periodic trigger checking this value against the last sampled value could let you know approximately when it changes.

I presume this only returns the value for the local player, so using the information from this filter has a risk for a game desync, depending on what you do. I don't believe it's possible for any player's computer to get the filter state for any other player, unless you delve into cross-player syncing (this thread discusses it a little.)

If you would rather disable switching filtering at all, you could use Game - Disable ally color button and Disable creep camp button (JASS: EnableMinimapFilterButtons()).

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.