Several marines? and a Trigger Problem

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
TRIGGER: Set invincibility

CONDITION
- Always (depends if you want it to be done at a certain point, otherwise use Always to make the invincibility occur at the beginning)
ACTION
- Enable invincibility for Interceptor owned by Player at 'location of the interceptors'.
- Preserve trigger

If you are using the SCXE editor, you have to look in Protoss\X-tra\Interceptor to select it.

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the help. Now i know there is a way to make units invincible without the create units with properties action!

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
It's finished!

I attatched my map to my post in the maps thread! Please send feedback!!!

Ilendil

Reaction score
I tried the map out, but level 31 is a bit buggy, all of the alien's (yellow) units are dead, but the timer hasn't started and I can't skip the timer. I checked all around for any remaining units to no avail you might need to test it yourself...

It might even be a one-time bug?

Otherwise, its pretty good, but spells are too expensive and the units you get from them are too good.... err make the spells cheaper and weaker, especially that zealot.

The 4x thing at the far bottom-right doesn't work.

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Really???

Thanks for trying my map. I think you had all of the one time bugs. I tested it personally (and beat it) and i found no bugs. The 4choosers=double spells works. When ever you take 4 choosers there nothings happens. Thats whats supposed to happen. Now if you buy a chooser you will get 4 corsiars instead of 2. Now i also tested the balance thoughorly, err can't spell, i have found the zealots can be killed by the hero ultras (any melee unit except for the zerglings) and up. I have no idea what happened on level 31. It worked perfectly when I beat it. The zealot isn't the strongest unit, did you see the archon? Once you get a tassadar i gave you instructions on how to get one.

Will you please give more problems you think i have with my map?

Thanks and sincerely frie2

Ilendil

Reaction score
Well, I put 4 civs on the doubler and all I usually get is another civ, is that whats meant to happen?

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Yes, thats whats its supposed to do. I found it was very difficult to use spells in earlier levels so when you double them, you get 1 free. Now your spells are doubled permanently, you get 4 corsiars instead of 2 and so on... You can even take the choosers off the beacons in case of an emergency. But then the spells aren't doubled any more.

PS: did you find any of the 8 secrets? (only 3 for player 1)

Ilendil

Reaction score
Oh... I thought you didn't have to keep the civs on the beacons lol

I didn't find any secrets.

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Ahh i tested my map again. And level 31 worked perfectly. Lemme know if you find any more bugs. Thanks!

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Starship Troopers Deluxe 2

I am going to make a Starship Troopers Deluxe 2. A harder version.

Is there any suggestions for my map?

Does any one know the alt+numeral pad combo for the exponent 2?

Ilendil

Reaction score
Alt+0178 ²

You can always use the character map...

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Character Map.

It contains almost all (I think) of the characters you can make.

D

DrPimp

is that character map only on windows xp cuz it dont work 4 me and i got 98

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Windows 98

Windows 98 is the worst version of Windows ever. It's so unstable. I feel sorry for you.

J

josh55555

This is a bit offtopic, but does anyone have the map: ?Golems Madness Ultra version Final"???? I love it and I want it back. The series was mentioned earlier, and I am looking for that specific version. I have 9.5, but it isn't as good. If anyone has it, please post a link or email it to me in an attachment to [email protected]. Thanks.

F

-fool-

try typing "charmap" into start > run

works with all windows that have it, and i think 98 has it

-btw- for the map make skills/spells for people. like have a barracks, and whenever you train a unit you get a spell. if you only have 1 guy like marine special forces, then these are really cool to use

Conditons:
Always
Actons:
Modify hitpoints for all "men" in "Heal" for "Force with players" to 100%
Preserve trigger

Conditons:
Player 1 brings atleast 1 medic to (anywhere or loc depending if you have medics)
Actons:
remove medic at location
Set switch 1
wait for 1000
preserve

- you will need to make this trigger for each player

Conditions
Switch 1 is set
Actons
Center move locaton Heal on player 1's main guy
wait 30,000
clear switch 1
preserve

- you will need to make this trigger for eahc player, and set up a switch for each player

makes it so if you buy a medic, it makes your main guy heal for 30 seconds, and it heals everyone around him. so make the locaton small, so he can run to help his friends.. you can pretty much do anything with this. you can make nuke kill everyone in a locaton around the guy, or make special effects if you use wait0 triggers.

Conditons:
Always
Actons:
Modify hitpoints for all "men" in "Heal" for "Force with players" to 100%
create 1 mutalisk for player 1 at heal
kill all mutatalisk for player 1 at anywhere (incase one goes outside that little thing)
Preserve trigger

- you dont need make more than 1 of these.

this will make mutalisk death blood spatter everywhere so people know when its on.

wow i just typed a lot and i made it all up in like 2 mins

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.