Spawning Trouble

U

Unregistered

Well... I'm trying to make a new rpg map... but i can't even get past spawning the heroes. Its like you start out with a Wisp, named something different, ( which i made sure i picked the right wisp in the trigger )
And you walk over to the areas where the heroes are standing. You enter the circles, and the wisp dies. Now, its supposed to spawn a hero in a different region, but it doesn't. On the screen... you can't even see the region. But that is not the problem, if the character spawns, it shouldn't have to be seen since your char will see it when he gets there. BUT its not spawning the hero. Someone please help me quickly with this. Thanks.
My email is [email protected] if you don't make it to the forums tonight. I'll be on all night waiting.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
You'll have to write out your triggers for me before I can figure out what the problem is.

If they are too long to write, send me a pm and I will give you my email and you can mail your map to me.

U

Unregistered

again...

heres the trigger.
Events-
A unit enters Damo <gen>
Conditions-
unit type of (trigger unit) equal to Wisp2
Actions-
Unit-Remove (triggering unit) from game
Unit-Hide Damo 0020 <gen>
Unit-Create 1 Damo for ((Triggering Player)) at [Center of region Spawn <gen>] Facing default Building facing degrees
Turn off Trigger

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
i can guess what wisp2 is, and i know that 'damo' is a region, but what is 'Damo 0020 <gen>' and why are you hiding it?

Scam_ent

Reaction score
I'm guessing the first Damo is a region...
What's the Damo 0020?

U

Unregistered

Damo 0020 is the Hero standing by the region... which i want to disappear when the unit enters the circle.
The first Damo it the region, yes.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
dunno if this would change anything, but try this:

Events:
A unit enters Damo <gen>
Conditions:
unit type of (entering unit) equal to Wisp2
Actions:
game - display text "trigger fired" <= great for debugging
Unit - Create 1 Damo for <owner of (entering unit)> at [Center of region Spawn <gen>] Facing default Building facing degrees
Unit - Remove (entering unit) from game
Unit - Hide Damo 0020 <gen>
Turn off <this trigger>

Bomook

Reaction score
actually a simple method I used was:

Events:
A unit enters Damo <gen>

Conditions:
Unit type of (entering unit) equal to Wisp2

Actions:
Change ownership of Damo 0020 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering Unit)) and Change color.
Move Damo 0020 <gen> instantly to (Center of region Spawn <gen>)
Remove (Triggering unit)
Turn off (This trigger)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.