Stacked Defense

TheBeastofUrak

Reaction score
Ok heres a new one, I think. There is a new type of map on bnet, the stacked cannon, turret etc. defense. Im sure most of you are familiar with it but just in case you are not, the basic idea is that you can "turn out the lights" which makes the map look like fog of war. You can still access your probe/scv thru a hotkey though and you can build stuff on top of each other. I was wondering if anyone knows how it is done. I havent been able to figure it out or open any of the maps but maybe someone can help. I attached a sample map if you want to dl it.

The Beast of Urak

Attachments

• stacked turret m defense.scx
    46.5 KB · Views: 378

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
I've done it on my map... check the topic "Maps." To enable it, you need to put your civilian on the day/night ON beacon. At 4:00 it is "night" where you can not see yourself but you can stack. :)

Heres how to do it:

You need to run an AI script to turn off allied vision ON YOURSELF!

So, if your Player 1, you use the AI script: "Turn off Allied Vision for Player 1."

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

thanks! i didnt know that either , also you can answer my other question in my thread ( how do you make the buildings invisible)(the triggers)(i know i must disable their wuth doodad state) but when i use the trigger the only thing i can disable is the doodads.

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

HEY SOMETHING ELSE!!

:mad: WHY HE CAN SAY THE BEAST OF URAK AND I CANT SAY C YA?

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

( how do you make the buildings invisible)(the triggers)(i know i must disable their wuth doodad state) but when i use the trigger the only thing i can disable is the doodads

Ilendil

Most Respected Former Admin
Reaction score
... you need to get an editor that lets you select those, the one you have isn't that good then.

TheBeastofUrak

Reaction score
Its my signature and I also only put it 2 lines down from the end of the post instead of 13

The Beast of Urak

S

Scept(R)e

im new at staredit and im trying to make a turret D map, and i looked for that AI script but its not in the editor. could u tell me how to do that..?

TheBeastofUrak

Reaction score
You either need a modified editor like emerald or you need to download the blizzard internal scripts which have the Av scripts and many others

The Beast of Urak

G

help

ok now that i have the trigger set for turning off vision .. how do i keep vision on in 1 part of the map (a location) so that the person can turn vision back on without having to group the unit used to turn off vision ?

R

RyokoIsSoSeksi

Hey, I made one of these Stacked Cannon Defense maps. Some of you may have played it or at least heard of it. It's Stacked Cannon D 5-Way, :D and I am OwN-SeKsI, the worlds most beloved map-maker. *ahem* Anyway, yeah, you need to download a special editor patch (poor me, I'm on a Mac, only one I can get is StarEdit Emerald), but you PC users can get the great stuff like StarGraft, ISOM (or whatever), and all the other fun stuff. :mad: But things like Emerald and StarGraft have an added list of Heroes (all the Unused ones, like Arcturus Mengsk) and a few more trigger options (primarily under "Run AI Script"). Now what you do is upon getting this patch, use the trigger "Run AI Script: Turn ON/OFF shared vision for Player #". Now, say you want to have Player 1 to be able to stack. So you'd do:

Conditions:
Current player brings exactly 1 [unit] to [location].

Actions:
Run AI Script: Turn OFF Shared Vision for Player 1.
Preserve Trigger.

Now, since these are team games, you would actually want to turn off Shared Vision for everyone on the team and put every player on the team under "Players". You then have a similar trigger to turn Shared Vision back on. And there you have it! You now have the groundings for your very own Stacked Cannon (or anything else) Defense. Have fun!

U

Unreal-Power

I NEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Time.... Im Making this map RPG im Using X-TRA Editor For Starcraft Brood war And i cant figer out How To make a Trigger that When i kill 1 Unit i get 10 minerals and so on 1 more unit 10 more mineruals.

Please Help I Bag you. HOW DO I MAKE THE TRIGGER WORK!
HOW DO I MAKE A TRIGGER LIKE THAT?

C

Carlsagan43

Conditions:
Current Player's kill score is at least 1
Actions
Add 10 Minerals to current player's resources
Set player's kill score to 0
Preserve trigger

Add some hyper triggers and it should work flawlessly

G

guest.

why wont this work

I have Turret Defense 8000 final and want to add stacking to it. i have the locations placed, triggers done, etc. but when i open it up in singleplayer to test it it says "error loading scenario file" or sumthin' like that......ne1 know whats wrong?

G

guest.

something else i need help with....just thought of it

i played what i think was a Tank Defense, and the water was all shiny, and i tryed to do that in my own map but couldnt figure out how....used SCX-tra editor, StarForge, and even SterEdit.......can sum1 help me?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.