Tower defense Anti Block?

Izviral

Reaction score
Hi. Ive created a tower defense and pretty much everything is complete- Except for the problem where players can block the lanes off and the creeps will clog up and do nothing.

I was wondering how i would go about making the units react to a blocked path- as in attacking the tower?

thanks

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
just give the creeps an attack. thats a hardcoded AI behavior of wc3 units, if they try to move somewhere but some other unit is blocking the path they will lose their former order and thence aquire targets as normaly thus attacking your towers.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score

lol note that my thread's problem had not been completely solved.

but possibly if he is having a maze without and entrance the previously suggested ideas would help.

but yeah search helps, dont be lazy it doesnt take long :/

---

the problem i had with that creep attacking that Accname suggested was that sometimes the creeps take out all your buildings and/or it doesnt look so good. the Chain idea works well, look at that Izviral on Thread 2.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
in my td i made some years ago i gave the creeps an attack damage of 0-0 and triggered when they attack a building a removed their pathing and re-ordered them to move. this way a blocking player would make the creeps ignore his maze.

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
hmm nota bad idea. but what i want is something that looks more proffesional if you know what i mean.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.