Trigger problem

B

--=={Bob}==--

Hi all,

I recently started making maps again, and i'm with a prob here.

I'm trying to make some kind of rpg game, but the prob is now,

The object is that you get Money (ore) with every kill, the problem is, i can't get it to work so it goes with every kill, i tested it with Zerglings and Hydralisks
my triggers goes like this :

Condition :

Current PLayer kills EXACTLY 1 Zerg Zergling

Action :

Modify resources for Curent player : add 100 ore

----------------
Condition :

Current PLayer kills EXACTLY 1 Zerg Hydralisk

Action :

Modify resources for Curent player : add 250 ore

It only works on the first kill, from the moment i kill a 2nd zergling or hydralisk, it won't add anything.
I tried every possible combination with "always" and "preserve trigger", but that was pretty useless.

I'ld really appreciate some help with this, THX
i'lld attach the file as i have it so far, so you can test it.

Greetz,
--=={Bob}==--

Attachments

• journey of life v1.0b.scm
    76.5 KB · Views: 284
G

GARM

Heres my tips to your. First, search the forum...with keywords like 'minerals for kills'. There have been several topics addressing this..(including mine). Second, for ANY trigger, if you DONT preserve the trigger, itll disable itself ones its been met. I dont know why that doesnt work. You will probly have to use a combination of switches...where it clears itself. check the forums first thogh....gl :cool:

B

--=={Bob}==--

Thx man,

It doesn't work cause then it goes up every 2 seconds from the first kill, it should only go up once per kill.

But i'll check the foruml for that, didn't see the search function yet, just subscribed here :D

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==--

B

--=={Bob}==--

Hi again,

I searched the forum for every thing about this topic, and I tried about every suggestion that was made.

None of them work, I tried with switches, I tried giving it killpoints and give them ore for that, and even made trigger once it set kill score to 0 before he gives ore, cause mayB he thought the kill was allready used or something.

It's always the same, or it only goes once, or if I add preserve trigger (if it's a 2 parted trigger in the first) it keeps going up instead of only once per kill.

It'ld be great if someone would help me out here.

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==--

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
HERE IS THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEM

This trigger works for me, if it doesn't for you then i guess your S O L.

Conditions:

Current player Kills score is at least 5

Actions:

Modify score for current player: Set to 0 kills and razings
Modify resorces for current player: add BLANK minerals or gas
Preserve trigger

This should solve your money trigger problem

B

--=={Bob}==--

Thx man,

But that won't work for me anyway, every monster has his own killpoints, and my idea was to give a set amount of money for every different monster I kill.

So if I do it your way, it'll go up every 5 killpoints/razingspoints I receive, so that's not it.

But anyway I did it, had to work with the killpoints like you, but not exactly.
Trigger looks like this :

Condition :
Current player kills exactly 1 any unit

Action :
modify score for current player: add 0 kills
preserve trigger
------
Condition :
Current player kills score is AT LEAST 49
Current player kills score is AT MOST 349

Action :
Modify score for current player: subtract 50 kills
Modify resources for current player: add 50 ore
preserve trigger
------
Condition :
Current player kills score is AT LEAST 349

Action :
Modify score for current player: subtract 350 kills
Modify resources for current player: add 350 ore
preserve trigger
---------
These are only examples for Zergling (50 killpoints), and hydralisk (350 killpoints).
the range must be set to escape the possibilityit will count the hydralisk as 7 zerglings, as for in my example, as long as the ore is the same amount as the killpoints is, it doesn't really matter.
But if you would use completely different amounts of ore then the amount of killpoints you'll get problems.
For example :
Zergling is worth 150 ore
Hydra is worth 350
---->
Zergling is 50 points, hydra is 350 points ---> so 1 hydra is 7 lings ------>>> 7 x 150 = 1050 ore
So in that case you'll get 1050 ore for 1 hydra instead of 350 ore, and that's because of the range system.

The first trigger I use, seems pretty useless, but I have to use it, don't really know why, but it won't work otherwise.

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==--

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Well you can do that

Too do that just add the condition:

player 8suffered loss of 1 zergling

there would also be some more tinkering in the conditions to make this work

B

--=={Bob}==--

Thx man,

But the trigger i put in my previous post WORKS, I'm using it right now, and I finally got further on the map layout now :p.

And i have a whole assortiment of monsters now, not just hydras and zerglings :cool:

For people who like UMS games, it'll be an adventure like game, I'll post when it's finished ;-).

Think it'll still take a while, still need to make up a story :D , and some more minor adjustments to improve gameplay and so on.

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==--

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Your map

Well, thats the hard piont of making an RPG ums map. I'm assuming its an RPG considering you mentioned a story. You'll need to be one helluva a brain stormer to make an interesting story line, hope you can come up with something. Otherwise your map will be practically worthless. Not saying that you have bad gameplay.

Instead of trying to make story lines i go for PURE gameplay maps. It's much easier to make a gameplay UMS map then a RPG in my opinion. Gameplay maps have a much higher replay value. After you've already figured out whats going to happen in a rpg it gest boring the 2nd time around.

Good luck on your map, i hope it will be good. It really sucks when you've put a lot of time in map and it sucks or doesn't work.

I'll attach a protected copy of my PURE gameplay map. It's based on Starship Troopers. Please send me suggestions, or and opinions of my map at [email protected]. Feedback is really good when your trying to make a good map.

frie2

Maxis & Sim Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my map

Well here it is, it's not quite finished came across a bug. Haven't been able to fix it but i've had some inspiration. Just no time to fix it. Watching girls tennis games are fun. Hot chiqs and short skirts! My gf (almost gf) makes me come. It only goes to level 25 or 26. PLEASE send me feedback, opinions, insults, anything! [email protected]

Attachments

• starship troopers deluxe.scx
    71.6 KB · Views: 299
G

Condition :

Current PLayer kills EXACTLY 1 Zerg Zergling

Action :

Modify death counts for Current Player: Set 0 for Zerg Zergling
Modify resources for Curent player : add 100 ore
Preserve Trigger

D

DrPimp

Its SSOOO ez

As you know you get points for killing some1. The amount of points you get is diffrent accaoring to the unit. You said you want it for a zergling (gives you 50 score for killing it) so the trigger is this,
CONDITIONS
Score Current players kill score is exactly 50
ACTIONS
Set score Subtract 50 kills
Add 10 ore and/or gas
preserve trigger

Hehehe its that ez. Just find out how much score it gives u if u kill a certain unit if u wanna do more. ;)

B

--=={Bob}==--

Hi all,

And what's wrong with you all, I said like 4 posts ago that I got it to work !!!!

And DrPimp, the trigger you said, won't work
in conditions you have to set :

Current player kills score is at least 49

otherwise it won't work for zerglings.

And i allready have Zerglings, hydralisks, ultralisks, zealots, dragoons, archons and hero bosses.
So I know how it works.

But my map is finished, still need to put creatures and stuff on it.

Greetz,

--=={Bob}==--
meet me on Bnet

K

KiLLeR-CrAzY

k i read u made it work but just 2 post it:

CONDITIONS
The enemie has suffered 1 death of zerling
Player 1 kills 1 zerling

ACTIONS
Set death for enemie to 0
add 50 ore to player 1
presserve trigger

that must work

U

Unregistered

Small question. Is there a list of values for these units? I mean, I know some of them such as zergling=50 and hydra=350 and ultralisk=1250, but I dont want to go through everything individually! is there anywhere where I can get a list of these values so that I can easily find out what they are.???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.