US News Viral TikTok trucker argues industry is great alternative to a four-year college degree: 'Golden ticket job'

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
As student debt mounts, Americans are looking for lucrative alternatives to a four-year college degree and trucking is proving to be a promising path for many.

A 24-year-old social media sensation, who goes by "Alex the Trucking Guy" on social media, has built a large following detailing his life on the road as a trucker for Variant in America. Since the start of the pandemic, Alex has garnered over a million and a half followers across TikTok, Instagram and YouTube, allowing viewers to come along with him as he documents the job of a trucker traveling cross-country.

Alex, who didn't reveal his last name, told Fox News Digital he first learned about the trucking industry from another YouTuber, "Riding with Dave," whose channel he discovered during the pandemic.

"Everyone was at home watching movies and just videos in general. . . . One day, I came across his YouTube videos 'Riding with Dave,' and he just showed the life of a truck driver and, I just said to myself, 'Like, why not? I'm just that type of person,' I just think, ‘I have nothing to lose, you know?’" Alex explained. "So, I just went for it, and it turned out to be just the best decision, honestly, that I could have ever made."

"Since I made that decision to become a truck driver, I started posting videos, first on TikTok and then YouTube and then Instagram Reels," he added. "I started posting behind-the-scenes contents of the life of a truck driver, like who we are and really putting a face to these giant machines that you see on the road, really humanizing the job."

Absolutely nothing wrong with being a Trucker! God knows we need more of them and you can get PAID! The job is not for everyone but I do not think that enough people even consider that career and that is a shame.

jonas

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with it, same as all other kinds of manual labour. We don't have enough electricians anymore.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.