Windows XP & Stardraft

S

ScubaKing

I do not know if I am the only one with with this problem, but here it is. When ever I attempt to open a self-executing CWAD made with Stardraft, I get multiple errors. The creator of the CWAD is irrelevant because I have had problems with programs such as ZapPlacer, Platinum Aspect, and others. When I attempt to open one with StarEdit, it says that the system can't find "arr\images.dat", and than it closes. When I attempt to open one with Starcraft, it says "Non-shared DATA segment required" and some other errors. Is it because of XP, the version of SC (I have 1.09b), or some other cause? Please give any information such as alternative programs or possible solutions.

U

Unregistered

Same thing happend here, I got XP and got the same errors.

U

Unregistered

I got XP 2. the problem is its a nt base os the security is to much so itll close the programs just another damn problem made possible by microft "tectnology" as far as i no theres no way around it but u can try try using compatibility setings might work but i never tryed i jsut got something that will work 4 XP

D

Duffanator

Well, I too have XP, but I know how to get around it.
Fiddiling around with the compatability settings wont get you anywhere.
What you need is a programe called Memgraft.
It edits the Stargraft .pat files, so you can run them on XP..
If you try and download any cwad or cwd mods, you'll need to extract the stuff out of them and use winmpq or something.
But to combine Stargraft and Arsenal files Memgraft can help, all you need to do is set the patch_rt.mpq file to a differnt one (the differnt one will need to be in your Starcraft directory), to get that to work on battle.net, you'll need to make a copy of patch_rt.mpq, and use winmpq to replace the files in the patch_rt.mpq, with the ones of your own one. That way, you'll be able to play your patch on the net, but only if people are using the same patch_custom.mpq (or whatever you named it) as you.
If they arnt then the game will crash and everyone will drop.

D

Duffanator

Originally posted by Duffanator

If you try and download any cwad or cwd mods, you'll need to extract the stuff out of them and use winmpq or something.

Hmm, made a mistake there, you'll need to use a cwad manager, like the one in Stardraft, to copy the files somewhere else, winmpq wont get you anywhere.
Sorry bout that.

S

ScubaKing

You mentioned that I need a program called Memgraft. Where can I find it?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.