WoW - A from a hater's point of view.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Hello all,

Please don't hurt me! I used to play WoW myself (about a year, actually) but quit around six months ago. I tried the game again yesteday and found that even with the immense changes the gameplay was the same -- same old monotone leveling for ages and, at end-level, eternal grinding (or, as it is now called, "daily quests").
So -- what keeps you going? Don't you ever think that playing WoW is pointless and a waste of your time? When did you last check your /played? Do you even dare to do so anymore?
Please. I really want to know the reason for that infernal games ever-growing popularity!

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
It isn't like it is a life choice or a career or something. It is just a game most people play casually and get a simple amount of enjoyment out of. All you hear about are the people who play for weeks on end and always stay inside. They don't represent the entire WoW community and I am tired of people thinking they do.

So I guess the reason I play it is to kill time. If I have a day where I have nothing to do, I play WoW. It isn't the only thing I play. Just the only one I have to defend.

Ninva

Анна Ахматова
Reaction score
Is there a rogue company hiring writers to write these things? :rolleyes:

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
This thread = Phail.

If you do not like WoW, do not tell people about it. If you think it is a great game, alrite, make a few posts in the WoW section, do not rub it into the Anti-WoW group of people because they are very sensitive.

This is why DotA discussions are not allowed at this forum.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
i would play wow if it were free, but im either to broke or to cheap to pay monthly fees. so i play guildwars and so far its a hate love relationship.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
It isn't like it is a life choice or a career or something. It is just a game most people play casually and get a simple amount of enjoyment out of. All you hear about are the people who play for weeks on end and always stay inside. They don't represent the entire WoW community and I am tired of people thinking they do.

So I guess the reason I play it is to kill time. If I have a day where I have nothing to do, I play WoW. It isn't the only thing I play. Just the only one I have to defend.

As I said, I played WoW for a year. So I already know who play the game. Basides, Blizzard having 9 million nolifers play their game is quite unlikely.
Yet WoW requires a lot of time if you want anything out of it. Most people hate the leveling until they reach 70 which, along with other things, makes me wonder why people play the game?
Oh. And I'm not just saying that I hate WoW. I want to know why you don't.

i would play wow if it were free, but im either to broke or to cheap to pay monthly fees. so i play guildwars and so far its a hate love relationship.

Yet another annoying fact... It's quite expensive in the long run. However, I agree with most WoW players that the fee is small compared to the playtime -- which leads me back to my point. See post above.

Is there a rogue company hiring writers to write these things? :rolleyes:

:)

juty

Zoom out problems look smaller
Reaction score
triple post wow click edit when u want to add more Wow is fun but it coast allot i miss it now now 20% less xp requied to reach 60 right?

OVRKLL

Reaction score
triple post wow click edit when u want to add more Wow is fun but it coast allot i miss it now now 20% less xp requied to reach 60 right?

30 %. No, I like to stick to vBulletin's original concept and use one post as one reply. Otherwise, I edit, as you suggest. This should keep things simpler...

Rheias

New Helper (I got over 2000 posts)
Reaction score
> No, I like to stick to vBulletin's original concept and use one post as one reply.

A strongly suggest you don't. One post for all replies will do.

I comletely agree about your opinion regarding WoW. I played it for a while and I simply got bored. Combats aren't interesting, gear depends only on how much time you play and the quests are not original.

The only interesting thing about WoW is PvP, but it can't be played because your gear will never match the others' gear if you play it casually.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
I comletely agree about your opinion regarding WoW. I played it for a while and I simply got bored. Combats aren't interesting, gear depends only on how much time you play and the quests are not original.

The only interesting thing about WoW is PvP, but it can't be played because your gear will never match the others' gear if you play it casually.

Yeah. That's exactly what I mean -- and I only played WoW for the PvP in the end but with Arenas that requires pretty good equipment, too.

Asehujiko

Reaction score
I want to know why you don't.

So you come here in the most overdiscussed debate on the internet but instead of bringing arguments for either side you ask the question "why do you disagree with me?" And even if somebody does give an awnser that you accept(and so far you only responded to people who agree with you). I doubt you will do anything productive with it.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
So you come here in the most overdiscussed debate on the internet but instead of bringing arguments for either side you ask the question "why do you disagree with me?" And even if somebody does give an awnser that you accept(and so far you only responded to people who agree with you). I doubt you will do anything productive with it.

Productivity is a matter of perspective and so is quality. But I guess there is simply no way a WoW gamer will tell me what is so great about the game. You may consider this thread closed.

--- EDIT ---

And even if somebody does give an awnser that you accept(and so far you only responded to people who agree with you).

I know I'm stubborn so here's another statement to piss you off:
I haven't heard a single thing in this thread so far about what makes WoW a good game.

ArmedCitizen

Kisses Cats
Reaction score
There is nothing that makes it a better or worse game than any other one. As I said, it is just a time waster. Plus with the 9 million people that play you do get a social aspect which makes the game even better since you can have conversations with people you normally wouldn't. You can get that with other MMO games but none have as big of range of diversity as WoW. As said, it is just a game. Why must it be so much better than all others to be justified as playable?

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
WoW is a good game because people have fun. That is all that matters. When you find a game with as many people having "fun" come back.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
Hm. That first reply was a solid answer... The other one was just repeating what's already been said a couple of times (fun isn't an argument for itself).
However, let's just close this. I don't really think any of us achieve anything from discussing the subject anymore... But I did get one answer: WoW is gaining popularity through its social aspects. That's understandable.
Bye all!

Cornface

Avoid, if at all possible.
Reaction score
ibtlye1.gif

Bartuc08

Mostly known as Zomby Jezuz
Reaction score
WoW is a game not a life choise, a lot of people will choose to play WoW for a long time, whats the difference between playing WoW for a log time, which ultimatly does not get you anything in life, and playing, say... Halo for a long time, which equally does not get you anything in life. what may seem boring to you, jsut running around killin gshit in an uninteresting combat style, might seem like th emost exciting thing to somone else, and that person may find running around in a closed arena shootign people really boring. but there will always be die-hard fans of any game that will continue to play no matter what, WoW just so happens to have more of them, so why does that leave it open for attack? if there wasn;t WoW would people be arguing about Halo, saying its a waste of time (which it is) and that it leads to social problems? WoW is popular, and with everything thats popular somones gonna hate it for no better reason then to hate it.

BlightWarden

Reaction score
the problem i have with monthly fees isnt the actual cost. its the fact that one day the game will no longer be supported and eventually closed. at that point everyone will lose their characters, items... everything. and no longer be able to play the most expensive game ever.

alot of eq1 players still havnt recovered from eq2. when wow2 comes out (whenever that happens) wow 1 players who do not switch will slowly begin to feel as eq1 players do. its not fun to spend hundreds if not thousands on something for it to become nearly unplayable, if not unplayable.

the good thing about HD games is you can always play them offline. lod is very fun online but i can also play it offline. using the hero editor i can make online only items offline. same with wc3 tft. i can make solo maps or lan maps and not feel bad when it goes offline. or is no longer supported.

remember diablo 1? install it and log in and try and play it.:banghead:

aside from that, wow looks really cool and i'd love to play it, but i just can't right now. i may someday if i share an account with a friend and we split the fee. that way i can play when i want and after i beat the game, quit and give my stuff to my friend.

PS: i don't think wow players are annoying, only over zealous fanboys who are unwilling to accept something is not as perfect in everyone elses eyes.

OVRKLL

Reaction score
yea i can't type, spell, or write paragraphs worth a shit, and if thats all your gonna get out of my post then why even bother posting?

I was hoping you'd translate the post into English so that we might discuss the topic further... For that seems to be what you wish.

And the Warden:
Yeah. Eh... I didn't really get much of that -- what's EQ?
Oh, and Blizzard probably won't ever make a WoW2. Instead, they are planning to continue releasing expansions for the current game until the level cap reaches 100 (their engine supports levels up to 255). And then there's Diablo... They could just make a follow-up on that.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
No more flaming, please.
This discussion can happen if you will all be courteous, but personal attacks won't be tolerated.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.