1 question

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
After a certain amount of time without logging in, your rep decays away, eventually receiving 0. Past that, I'm not sure if anything happens.

DM Cross

You want to see a magic trick?
Reaction score
I doubt it. Maybe TH gets rid of people who haven't been here for YEARS at a time, but if you're going to be gone for years, why bother signing up? :p

PB_and_J

level 85 anti-spammer
Reaction score
If you look at the last page of the WE forum, you will see many guests posting (almost all guests). I am guesing they were members, but haven't logged on/posted in 3 years or so.

zyzfcs

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:
If you look at the last page of the WE forum, you will see many guests posting (almost all guests). I am guesing they were members, but haven't logged on/posted in 3 years or so.

3 yrs!!! :banghead: :banghead: still here :banghead:

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
I prune the Members List every couple of years. This involves pressing a button and the forum goes through and deletes members who have not logged in 2 years or whatever I tell it to check by.

Special Members, the members with custom text under there Avatar lose reputation due to decay if they dont log in for a few months. After a while, lets say 3 months or so if they have not logged in they become regular members again.

Members are only deleted as part of a forum database cleanup done every couple of years.

So the answer to your question is if you don't log on for a few years you might have to make a new account.

Sargon

Reaction score
PB_and_J said:

Actually, a lot of them are Google spiders and the like.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Sargon is right. The guest you see trying to post are the Search Engines spiders crawling the forum. They will go to the Post screen but they will not post. I could stop them from doing that with a robots.txt file but what the hell - gives them something to do - LOL.

The Helper

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh, those are probably people finding posts on the Search Engines. They have never been to the forum they just find a post on the Search Engines and reply to it, never checking the date to see if it is a 2 year old topic - its new to them you know :)

zyzfcs

Reaction score
well... i did something like that ( 3 times maybe) reply without checking the date :D

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.