100% evasion skill

megaera

Reaction score
Could someone help me make an ability that allows the casting hero to have a temporary 100% evasion for 0.5 seconds? also upon casting the ability, the heros actions i.e movements and attacks should not be interrupted. Thanks alot people :)

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Base the spell on Berserk with 0.01 seconds duration. Add a 100% evasion ability inside a spell book. By using triggers, add the spell book to the caster when the base Berserk spell is used. After 0.5 seconds, remove the spell book.

_Famous

Reaction score
Base the spell on Berserk with 0.01 seconds duration. Add a 100% evasion ability inside a spell book. By using triggers, add the spell book to the caster when the base Berserk spell is used. After 0.5 seconds, remove the spell book.

oO wtf i wouldn't understand that lol

make that :

event: A Unit starts casting a spell
COndition: "Make your condition .. a spcial hero or whatever"
Action: Add Ability (Now a ITEM-ABILITY copy of evasion like from talisman of evasion) to casting unit
--------Wait 0,5 seconds
--------Remove Evasion from hero

mfg _Famous !!

LurkerAspect

Now officially a Super Lurker
Reaction score
I would rather do what _Famous suggested, but the method Glenphir suggested hides the evasion icon (I think), so long as you hide the spellbook (an option in the ability editor). By basing it off berserk, it becomes an instant-cast self-targetted ability.

_Famous

Reaction score
I would rather do what _Famous suggested, but the method Glenphir suggested hides the evasion icon (I think), so long as you hide the spellbook (an option in the ability editor).

lol .. mine too cause i said he should make an item ability of evasion ..
item abilities are not shown with the icons so thatswhy i meant its senseless to make a spellbook for nothing

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Making spellbook makes it unlevelable, if you disable it. If you add the item ability, and the hero just nicely level up, he might waste a point on it.

tooltiperror

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Make a dummy ability for the icon?

_Famous

Reaction score
Making spellbook makes it unlevelable, if you disable it. If you add the item ability, and the hero just nicely level up, he might waste a point on it.

?? i dont know what u're talkin about ..
why waste levels ? oO i wont get it if its a item-ability with 1 lvl :confused:

avalya

Reaction score
Okey, elaborating on Glenphir's idea (the same as I would use actually).

Make two abilities. One ability that your unit or hero has, that is based on Berserk, because it will not interrupt other actions. Set the duration to 0.27 (which is the lowest, 0.01 is the same duration) and cooldown, mana cost and all that to whatever you want.

Then make another spell, based on Evasion, change it to 100% and make it a unit ability (uncheck hero and item abilities).

After that (although this could count as a spell, it's really a spell book), create a Spell Book (it's an ability called Spell Book under items), change it to a unit ability (remove the item ability tag) and set the max and min amount of spells to 1. Then add your newly made custom Evasion to it as the only spell. Remove the other ones.

Alright, now we're going to triggering, create a new trigger;

Trigger:
  • Evasion Setup
    • Events
      • Map Initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Player - Pick Every Player in (All Players) and do actions,
        • Game - Disable Evasion Spell Book for (Picked Player)

Okey, so that is the first trigger, it will make it so that the icon of the spell book will not show. The action itself is located in Game (could be Player as well) and called Disable Ability for Player (or something along those lines).

So, second trigger, here we come (this is the actual trigger that makes the evasion happen).
Trigger:
  • Evasion Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A Unit Starts the effect of an Ability
    • Conditions
      • Ability being Cast equal to (Evasion (Temporary)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Add Evasion Spell Book to Triggering Unit
      • Wait 0.5 seconds
      • Unit - Remove Evasion Spell Book from Triggering Unit

Okey, Adding and Removing abilities are under Unit, and Wait is at the top of the triggers. It is MUI (so many units can cast it at the same time without it bugging) because Triggering Unit 'survives' waits.

Completely freehanded, so ask tell me if something is wrong and I'll clrarify. Also, what condition is Ability Being Cast (the exact one)?

avalya

Reaction score
What is that for? I just completely went over every step and you don't get it? That makes me slightly sad and confused myself, I thought it was a pretty good explanation.

_Famous

Reaction score
nono its good .. well explained .. but there's no need to use spellbook if u can add evasion itself oO

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
nono its good .. well explained .. but there's no need to use spellbook if u can add evasion itself oO

False. Item - Evasion still displays an icon. Only certain abilities such as "Item - Damage Bonus" won't show its icon. For example, take bash. If you use it as an unit ability, Bash icon would still show. However, add the bash effect on an item, then the icon wouldn't show.

_Famous

Reaction score
o: then sry .. but he could also trigger the evasion haha but y maybe its faster with the spellbook (;

avalya

Reaction score
It is, and if you'd trigger it using a Damage Detection system and Healing the Target equal to the damage, taking damage at full health would still inflict damage and not heal because the heal occurs before the damage is taken.

_Famous

Reaction score
nah u have to trigger a dummy which if he spells at u a spell with no influence u get healed so the delay is the same :D

avalya

Reaction score
Unfortunately, the healing part is not that easy, because it is either before or after. Being before would make it still deal damage equal to the amount if you have less missing health than damage taken. Being after, it would be able to kill you, because you take the damage before being healed, it cannot heal you once you're dead.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Just to throw another suggestion, instead of Berserk use Wind Walk and set the Transition Time to be longer than the duration, then your hero will automatically become transparent upon casting.

This is also possible through triggers, but I thought Wind Walk would base a better base ability for this.

Ayanami

칼리
Reaction score
Just to throw another suggestion, instead of Berserk use Wind Walk and set the Transition Time to be longer than the duration, then your hero will automatically become transparent upon casting.

This is also possible through triggers, but I thought Wind Walk would base a better base ability for this.

It's the same as using Berserk, no? Unless he's using another Berserk spell somewhere in his map, then I guess using Wind Walk would be okay.

avalya

Reaction score
I'd rather go with Berserk and trigger the transparency rather than using Wind Walk, since Wind Walk is fading over the duration, instead of instantly applying your desired transparency.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.